Skip to content

Bg2ee Mod Android

Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 327
@Gusinda I am getting the jones to play BG2ee again and I've never played it with mods. Thnx for your work on my BGee mod. Now I need one for BG2ee. I guess just throw in the whole kitchen sink. I'd like all the class kits, spells, QOL, Shadow magic, and all extra quests, items, weapons, armors, NPCS, etc. that you can. v2.5.16.6 is the current and basically all mods that are compatible. Try and stick to PnP rules too.

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @Allanon81, sorry for not responding earlier but haven't been able to login.

I can put together a number of mods that would likely suit your needs. Shadow Magic does create some problems which can be fixed by editing the patch.obb. If you have a read of the linked discussion, then you can see the prob. I will leave it out at the moment (hoping it works better when 2.6 is released). If however you are willing to make the changes to the .obb, then I can add.

Shall upload a modfile later today/tomorrow as a starter and see if you want to make any changes.
    Gus
    edited August 2020
    @Allanon81, I have a modfile here without the Shadow Magic mod. Of you want the Shadow Magic mod, let me know.

Modfile (~380MB packed, ~640 unpacked)
    [BG2EE.2.5.16.6_Modfile_Allanon81-1.7z
    Update Below

I wont list all of the mods in it but have a look at the WeiDU.log attached and it will let you know. I have tested it properly but had no problems creating a Nightcloak of Shar...

Hoping all goes well, if not let me know.
    Happy Gaming
    Gus

Edit: Removed link for modfile; update below.
    Post edited by Gusinda on
  • Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 327
    Thanks for the upload. I am having crashes with summoning a shadow familisr in BGEE. Its hard to see exactly what I need to do with the patch.obb. I'll look more in-depth on the link. But yeah I'd prefer one with Shadow magic. How big can all the mods put together get? I kinda want to super mod BG2EE. I've got plenty of space...throw it All in there.
    edited August 2020
    @Gusinda Just looked at weidu.txt and it looks great. Is there no SCS or other combat mod available for BG2EE?

I'm assuming from looking through the post on Shadow Magic that the crash is from constitution loss? I can't find the exact solution though. I did all the looking into the .obb file and renaming dialog.tlk before when I first got the BGEE mod you made...not a big deal really.
    Post edited by Allanon81 on
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    Yes, SCS is available for both BG1 and BG2. I am running it on both games.
    Gusinda
    @Allanon81, I can add SCS to the modfile as well as Shadow Magic. Not sure what youe crash could be as you don't have Shadow Magic on at the moment. Could you post a saved game where the crash is?

I wont be able to do the new modfile until the weekend as I will shortly have to vacate my office for the workers...

Gus
    edited August 2020
    @Gusinda The crash is from BGEE modfile you made for me awhile back. Its just the Shadow Magic summon familiar. I just need the BG2EE mod above to include Shadow Magic and SCS. Thnx. I looked at the discussion about shadow familiar crashing and I cant see what needs to be done.

I'm in no hurry to get the updated mod. I just appreciate what you're doing. Take your time, whenever you're ready.
    @Allanon81. No probs. Shall do.

For the other mod that crashes, try editing the .obb to remove access (inside the Spoiler) to the vanilla dialog.tlk and play again.

It looks like the Shadow Magic mod injects some code that might confuse the Android version of the game. I have tried it with various 'loss' methods including no loss at all for casting a spell. It looks as if the mod is using escape codes or something similar in some spells. I was going to ask the author but it behaves much better when there isn't a vanilla dialog.tlk hanging about... The author doesn't have Android so it is fairly much in our domain to fix. I figure if it works on PC, then there must be a way of getting it to work on Android even if the fix requires trickery :wink: .

Gus
    @Gusinda I did the steps (I'm speaking about BGEE mod, not BG2EE) correctly awhile ago when you first gave me that mod and it's been working fine except for the shadow mage familiar summon spell. In the .obb file the dialog.tlk file is renamed to dialog.klt and lang-en_US.zip is next to Baldur.lua in data/baldursgateenhancededition/files so I don't know whats up.Anyways its no big deal, but maybe we can figure it out.
    Hi @Allanon81
    Okay, give this one a go, I will delete the other.

I did a quick test by creating a Shadow Adept and casting a Familiar spell; all was good. That was the only testing done though so do report problems...

I also checked on the BGEE mod as well. It looks as if there were two mods that played with the Familiar spell (Might and Guile & Shadow Magic) so it is likely they conflicted. When 2.6 is here, I will redo that modfile and fix the prob (unless you need it now).

For this modfile, I have had to reduce the kit mods as we ran out of kit spaces (only allowed 256 kits in the EE series), so added some more NPCs. I didn't add any of the special features such as Spheres or Feats.

Contents:

Quests
    ~~~~~~
    Ascention
    Unfinished Business for BG2EE
    Quest Pack
    Skip Chatueu Irenicus
    StrongHolds

NPCs
    ~~~~
    NPC Flirt
    Romantic Encounters
    Animal Companions For All Rangers
    Cernd Friendship for BG2
    Haer'Dalis Friendship for BG2
    Imoen Friendship
    Korgan Friendship for BG2
    Mazzy Friendship
    Minsc Friendship for BG2 and ToB
    Valygar Corthala Friendship
    Viconia Friendship
    Yoshimo Friendship Mod for BGII: SoA
    IEP Banters
    Imoen NPC Romance Mod
    True Berserker Minsc
    Wilson Chronicles
    Amber
    Dace
    Tyris Flare
    Sirene
    Fade
    Tashia
    Yvette
    Isra
    Skie
    Kelsey
    Afaaq, the Djinni Companion
    Crossmod Banter

Spells
    ~~~~~~
    IWDification

Items
    ~~~~~
    SoD to BG2:EE Item upgrade by Daeros_Trollkiller
    Thrown Hammers
    Enchant the Missile Launchers
    More Styles for Mages
    Wandcase
    Plot Items

Kits
    ~~~~
    Rogue Rebalance
    Song & Silence
    Divine Remix
    Monastic Orders
    Tome & Blood
    Faith & Powers
    Might & Guile
    Shadow Magic

Tweaks
    ~~~~~~
    Tweaks Anthology
    aTweaks
    JimFix
    SCS
    1PP Armour Switching (only)

File Download (~470MB Packed, 1.3GB Unapacked):
    BG2EE.2.5.16.6_Modfile_Allanon81-2.7z
    WeiDU.log attached

You might see a change to the name of the lang file. I made the change as I had a couple of modfiles (stored in different locations of course, not in the same folder) on my device so it made it clearer which modfile the lang.zip file belonged to. Just place it in the normal spot, the name makes no difference.

If you are playing on a phone size device, I recommend @Pecca's excellent GUI, Pocket Play UI++.

Let me know how you go and enjoy!
    Gus
    edited August 2020
    @Gusinda Thnx I'll give it a shot. What is the spheres and feats?
  • meep83meep83 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2020
    @Gusinda

Hi Gusinda, sorry to trouble you but would it be possible to get a copy of this mod without scs? I'm just hoping for mainly content mods and dont have much interest in combat mods.

I also notice that this pack does not contain content mods likee wheels of prophecy and long road, are those not recommended?

@Allanon81

My apologies for posting this in your thread. I'm new to these forums and am not sure what the etiquette should be. If i should be starting a new thread please let me know and i will do so. Thank you !
    @meep83 All good, I dont mind. I'd recommend SCS for more challenge.
  • meep83meep83 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2020
    @Allanon81
    Thank you! I'll take your advice and give SCS a try then.

@Gusinda
    Sorry to bother you but you can scratch the last request. I'll give SCS a try so i can just use these entire pack as is. Thank you very much for your help and your selfless contribution and time in helping to create these android mods!

EDIT:
    Sorry to bother, but could i confirm that both the zip and the overwrite folder goes into the data/baldursgate/files folder? same location as the Baldur.lua and Save folder? Reason i'm asking is that NPC's are giving "invalid" conversation options. examples include the rogue which spawns on a new game in the dungeon.

I can confirm that I am currently running 2.5.16.6 (seen on game screen) and my language is en_US (seen in the baldur.lua)
    Post edited by meep83 on
    Hi @meep83, sorry about any delay. When modding PC versions. the dialog.tlk is modified but when adding a modfile to Android, the dialog.tlk is essentially duplicated and you have 2 copies. The game can get a little confused at times (with particular mods like Shadow Magic and SCS) and refer back to the vanilla. This means that the new content wont be available and it shows INVALID statements.

The best way to fix it is to remove access to the vanilla version (inside the spoiler). It is a simple process so shouldn't take long.

If you get into difficulties, let me know... I will try to keep an eye on this thread over the next couple of days and respond.

Enjoy the game.
    Gus
    @meep83 Its important to use RAR for android as the specific app to look inside the .zip and modify dialog.tlk
    Gusinda
  • Fraction91Fraction91 Member Posts: 3
    Is it possible for anyone to reupload this BG2EE mod pack that @Gusinda has created? I want to use the mod pack but the link is now down and can't be accessed...

Thank you in advance.