Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Unable to do clean install

tl1942tl1942 Member Posts: 75
Hi there!
I recently finished the main quest in BGEE (70 hours) with mods, and I'd like to do a completely clean re-install.

- I'm using the Steam version of BGEE with SOD.
- I uninstalled the game via Steam, deleted the game folder in Steamapps and deleted the folder in My Documents.
- Reinstalled via Steam.
- When I click "Play" on Steam, it shows that it's loading, then it just stops and shows the "Play" button again. The game never loads.
- I validated files/game cache multiple times, but this doesn't help at all.

My guess is that previously installed mods are still somehow messing things up...but I have no idea what to do.

I just want a 100% clean install *from scratch*. How do I do this?

EDIT: Even cleaned my registry...uninstalled again(!)..... No matter what I do, the game simply does not launch now.

EDIT #2: Even moved it to a different folder. Still doesn't work...

EDIT #3: I started to think maybe there was an issue with cloud saves (maybe Steam was looking for saves that didn't exist), so I restarted Steam in Offline mode. Didn't help.

At this point, I don't even mind losing 70+ hours in my savegame.... I just want to be able to *start the game* so I can play Siege of Dragonspear. If I can't even start the game after multiple clean installs, then I don't know what to do (other than get a refund for SOD).

Post edited by tl1942 on
This discussion has been closed.