Skip to content

Convenience/Ease-of-use to reduce repetitive admin/micromanagement/battle aspects

kungfuhobbitkungfuhobbit Member Posts: 169
Recently I wanted to minimise some repetitive admin/micromanagement/battle elements of the game and focus on progressing in the main story.
In addition to tweaks anthology (<3 no traps or locks), eet tweaks, scs etc, here is a list of helpful ideas if you share similar goals:

-Deratiseur's Autorest https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/73318/a-mod-for-auto-resting
-Ctrl+J teleport
-Ctrl+Y kill (life is too short to kill all these umber hulks and heal)
-AOE overlay
-Space key (for long secondary character dialogue screens)
-Give yourself:
*999 elixir of health (10hp + antidote to poison)
*999 clairvoyance scrolls (scrl1d) Couldnt find the mod that did auto-explore all map areas
*999 bullets, darts and quivers of plenty
*999 brine potions (immunity to psionics)
*bags of holding
*sunray (innate)
-Custom spells combining:
*mind blank, neg plane protection and true sight
*mage physical + spell protection
*breach + spellstrike + lower MR
(I'll post these at some point)

Future ideas:

-Party size
A party of 6 was more difficult than I remembered for the tight dungeons, especially Windspear, and it contributes to loot/inventory admin and micro

-Psionics, Beholders and Trolls
These battles create way too much micro for me
Trolls are so bugged and never die. Is there a mod to just remove their 1hp script?

-Loot micro
Too much even with Quickloot.
The Price threshold of Auto-loot looks great https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/69899/mod-bubbs-auto-looting
But is it EET compatible?

-Dream/Slayer sequences
Would like to reduce. Is there a mod?

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    You save time on some of these points by switching the game to story mod. You can enjoy all the dialogue and story with no stress.
  • kungfuhobbitkungfuhobbit Member Posts: 169
    I still like tough battles, just reduced micro : )
    Ctrl+Y for when especially short on time and I just didnt want to wait while my party killed another room of easy enemies
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Your custom spells don't give me the impression of liking tough battles.
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    I think the idea is that the OP enjoys finding out how a fully rested and buffed party would fare in each of the game's battles. To my mind that makes the game easier since a key tenet of D&D is resource management, which these ease-of-use modifications eliminate. However it's a single-player game so YMMV.
  • kungfuhobbitkungfuhobbit Member Posts: 169
    edited August 2020
    For a more straightforward experience, I dont use sequencers, scrolls, Robe of Vecna, swapping in and out of most enemy-specific items, Shield of Balduran etc.
    Custom spells are a useful substitute.
    I think playing Diablo 3 shifted my tastes from the 20 years since my first BG playthrough
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    edited August 2020
    I believe there's a fair difference between quality of life and literal cheating.

Too lazy to move accross a map or kill umber hulks? 999 potions? Absolutely ridiculous.

To each their own I guess.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,356
    Cheating is bad. It’s the wrong to do things for sure.

But I don’t think playing a game you have paid for, with the tweaks of your choice and bothering nobody but your self with the tweaks, is a cheat. It’s your game and your free time. Go nuts I say

I can’t help you with any of your requests, but I hope you can get what you want .