Skip to content

Which BG1 mod expands the Melicamp quest?

MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
edited August 2020 in BG:EE Mods
I'm having a bit of trouble with Melicamp in the Nashkel mines. This was obviously a mod-added change, as by default he stays in High Hedge (if he lives), but I don't know which mod is responsible for it.
The problem is that I can't get the final dialog for one of the poor miners whose memory he erased to come up, even though I found the miner who has the proper response. Both miners dialog is spotty, but I was finally able to get Sal to respond so that I could answer him. James is just ignoring the party or repeating the same line over and over again.

Comments

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    That would be The Calling. The mod in the current state is a bit buggy, unfortunately.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    Hmm, it seems I'm not the only one having that same issue. Unfortunately, setting the variable to 10 doesn't fix it. Oh well, I guess I will have to chalk up a loss on that one and move on. A shame, as it looks like it would have been an interesting side excursion.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I've managed to brute force my way through the bug by talking to the miners over and over again in diffrent orders. As far as I can tell, who you talk to first after finding the correct information matters.

Of course, I could never get the quest to advance after Melicampt returns to High Hedge, so it seems broken past that anyway.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    I was able to console my way through, but I always got the "bad" ending. However, I chalk that up to randomly screwing around with the variables. I finally went back to the save just prior, where James was still wandering around, and left it.