Skip to content

Watcher's Keep bugged ending (likely mod related)

tl1942tl1942 Member Posts: 178
I'm pretty sure this issue is mod-related, but wasn't sure where to post about it. Any help would be immensely appreciated.

After agreeing to the Imprisoned One's plan and sending Odren down to be killed by him, I'm talking to a ghostly apparition of Helm that offers me a scroll.

The problem is that I never received the scroll, and every time I try to talk to her again, the dialog just starts from the beginning.

A similar issue happened with Aesgareth in the maze level (his dialog similarly looped and nothing ever happened, so I just attacked and killed him to advance the game).

I believe this is mod related because I'm using SCS to have Watcher's Keep be the initial starting area of TOB. I thought it might be similar to this issue: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/70681/demogorgon-in-watchers-keep-dialogue-is-broken
...but I am indeed in Chapter 7, and using the console command has no effect.

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    It seems like the key action in the apparition's dialogue didn't happen. You're supposed to get the item PLOT01Q from it, along with an experience reward of 25000 to each party member.

The apparition only has the one dialogue; it ends with a DestroySelf() action as its way of preventing you from repeating. Obviously, that action didn't go off either.
  • tl1942tl1942 Member Posts: 178
    Thanks, I'll see if I can make this work via console then.