Skip to content

Tyrants of the Moonsea - Elventree map problem

Hi,

i have a big problem with this module and this map.
I cant enter in Swaying Bought Inn after the big fight and the map is very broken
I load the game with Stable Version 81.8193.16

Attached screenshoots
oxlra9dv7q5d.jpg
sejo3wp7j5ui.jpg
qqmmjse1xyhc.jpg
5tsjm6nm73dv.jpg
s4ixepyrmxb6.jpg
l9hf7rxru5il.jpg
h2x5jciwhczk.jpg
jrgowbshwkvu.jpg
c8wwworb5993.jpg
q8ci1sffwvqa.jpg
wo3zrt4bogz7.jpg
y5cer0cxmek8.jpg

Comments

• horredtheplaguehorredtheplague Member, Developer Posts: 186
    I just checked the area with all the 8193.16 resources, and saw nothing like what is posted above. It's all looking fine on my end. Do you have any custom content working, that could influence this in any way? Steam workshop packs, something in development folder?

jhri86p9nhk6.png

• Night76Night76 Member Posts: 45
    No no nothing but the save is old 1 month ... if is ok no problem i restart the play.
  • SymphonySymphony Member, Developer Posts: 142
    Night76 wrote: »
    No no nothing but the save is old 1 month ... if is ok no problem i restart the play.

A reset won't fix a problem like this, the tiles in an area are permanent, this kind of problem is always a content problem.

This tileset, an override for the normal forest tileset, has been tailored for the main game, and imported into the base assets as an optional 2nd tileset.

However, as designed, this expanded tileset is named as the first tileset, since the module uses this look for all of its forest areas.

It was incorporated into the base game as an optional override you can enable in the graphics menu.

It seems they aren't perfect matches, however, after comparing the two, so, overriding this tileset with a version of this tileset adapted for the base game is causing the effects you're experiencing, due to slight differences between the tilesets.

You can fix this by turning OFF the Tyrants of the Moonsea forest override WHILE playing Tyrants of the Moonsea, for now. These hak assets will be later removed from the premium module so that this is neither an issue, and, that you will not be required to download the Tyrants hak materials that are now included as part of the base game. Since the forest override you are trying to turn on for this area is FROM this module, NOT using the override won't cause you any decreased quality, but, the area's tiles will not have the errors you show above.

Option in question shown below, the choice you should choose until it is fixed is None. You will need to unload the area (quit/change areas, etc) before the changes will go into effect, and you can turn the feature back on when you are playing non-Tyrant's of the Moonsea modules.

mwvjp6md70sd.png
    Thanks for your reply Symphony ... if you are one of developer of NWN:EE i use this moment to thank you a lot for your work.
    edited September 2020
    Symphony wrote: »
    Night76 wrote: »

A reset won't fix a problem like this, the tiles in an area are permanent, this kind of problem is always a content problem.

This tileset, an override for the normal forest tileset, has been tailored for the main game, and imported into the base assets as an optional 2nd tileset.

However, as designed, this expanded tileset is named as the first tileset, since the module uses this look for all of its forest areas.

It was incorporated into the base game as an optional override you can enable in the graphics menu.

It seems they aren't perfect matches, however, after comparing the two, so, overriding this tileset with a version of this tileset adapted for the base game is causing the effects you're experiencing, due to slight differences between the tilesets.

You can fix this by turning OFF the Tyrants of the Moonsea forest override WHILE playing Tyrants of the Moonsea, for now. These hak assets will be later removed from the premium module so that this is neither an issue, and, that you will not be required to download the Tyrants hak materials that are now included as part of the base game. Since the forest override you are trying to turn on for this area is FROM this module, NOT using the override won't cause you any decreased quality, but, the area's tiles will not have the errors you show above.

Option in question shown below, the choice you should choose until it is fixed is None. You will need to unload the area (quit/change areas, etc) before the changes will go into effect, and you can turn the feature back on when you are playing non-Tyrant's of the Moonsea modules.

mwvjp6md70sd.png

The map is ok now ... but i can't enter the Inn ... the other door work fine only this one that have a quest meaning don't activate the transiton.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724