Skip to content

Universal crossbow mod request

NaeyemNaeyem Member Posts: 5
edited October 2020 in General Modding
I really hate using slings as a mage and would really appreciate someone making a mod to just allow everyone to use crossbows in the EE trilogy.
Post edited by NaturalBornKieler on

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    edited October 2020
    Hi @Naeyem and welcome to the forum.

Fortunately there was some work done with this earlier on and a couple of mods have Universal Crossbows included. 'Scales of Balance' is one of those but it autoadds a couple of other weapon/proficiency changes as part of the component. There is also an NPC mod that contains it as well ('Drake' I think but it might only adjust the proficiency for Clerics as that is what he is). I have installed Drake (recommended) it but my PC was neither a cleric nor mage and didn't use the XBow.

For my installs when I want it, I use @argent77's code from here. It is straight forward install (works well with batch installs) and doesn't play with the dialog.tlk (which turns into an easy add for Android gamers).

I have uploaded an installer so you don't have to decypher the text, but of course all credit goes to @argent77. It doesn't work for all classes (such as Shaman) or specific kits (like Cavalier), but these can be easily added by editing the .tp2. I only wanted Mages to use so... It also wont work for additional class mods, but if required the code can be changed to easily add by editing the .tp2.

In the linked discussion, you will also find another Universal Crossbow mod that was created by Subtledoctor, I haven't tried it but it may well suffice. It may be that the code from Subtledoctor allows for other classes/additional mods but just not sure! All I have done with the attachment is to add the latest installer and rar'd it. As far as EET goes, I can't be sure whether it works there as I have never installed it, but I am guessing it will; there is no test of the game it is installing to.

Enjoy
    Gus

Edit: I see @argent77's code has been updated and looks much better. Removed the installer as it isn't now as clean! Good job @argent77. Thanks
    Post edited by Gusinda on