Skip to content

Exposing the 'hidden' proficiencies

GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
edited November 2020 in UI Modding
I'm guessing that the answer is no, but I decided to ask the experts before giving up prematurely or banging my head against the wall in futility. I was wondering if it is possible to expose the 'hidden' proficiencies during character creation and allow characters to put points in them, and allow them to be displayed on the character sheet.

That is, I mean what is referred to in (e.g.) weapprof.2da as "MISSILE" or "EXTRA2". I know that they have been used to detect spells but I'm under the impression that this will change in 2.6 and in any case, I'm interested anyway.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    edited November 2020
    so as far as i could tell i couldn't find a way to make the old proficiencies show up, but they still work though;

in EE keeper if you go to MISC at the end they are under " Legacy Proficiencies" and you can put points into them

but when you load up your game you will not see it in the character sheet BUT they are still in effect because i imported the premade Abdel character who has 17 STR and gave him 5 points in large swords and made him use a bastard sword ( which he is not proficient in based on the character sheet ) and yet it showed +3 to hit proficiency, +5 to damage proficiency and he had 2 APR at level 1 with 16 thac0

so my only guess is that somewhere in the .2da files is how you bring them back, ( if at all ) i tried altering the .ids wprof line but it didn't add it in
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited November 2020
    Thanks, @sarevok57. I know how to put points into them (e.g. using weidu or a spl or, definitely, EE keeper). I was just looking for a way to add more proficiencies during character creation for a mod I'm creating.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    @Grammarsalad Getting them to appear and work during chargen/level-up only requires a valid Name strref in WEAPPROF.2da, and a non-zero maximum in the class/kits column.

They won't show up in the record screen though - I believe that was hardcoded ever since people complained about them showing up when spells set them.
    edited November 2020
    kjeron wrote: »
    @Grammarsalad Getting them to appear and work during chargen/level-up only requires a valid Name strref in WEAPPROF.2da, and a non-zero maximum in the class/kits column.

They won't show up in the record screen though - I believe that was hardcoded ever since people complained about them showing up when spells set them.

On the one hand, that is much easier than I thought. On the other, that’s a bummer.

@kjeron can I get them to display on the char sheet if eeex is installed using the same method we used to display fatigue (etc)?

Edit: heh, I’ll have to go though my pms to see what we did (lol, let’s be honest, to see what you explained to me)

Edit 2: and you just dramatically increased the scope of a mod I’m creating

Edit 3: I’m 90% sure that involved stats.ids, so I’m fairly confident the answer is yes

Edit 4: on the other hand, I remember that 2.6 is moving the club prof back to the weapon proficiencies section. This makes me think that this may involve more hardcoded silliness
    kjeron wrote: »

Okay, so I finally tested this and it WORKS! Just an fyi to anybody that is interested: it doesn't seem to work for the first 8 entries (i.e. LARGE_SWORD to MISSILE).