Skip to content

Road to 2.6 | Can you Download, Launch & Save games in the Baldur's Gate II 2.6.0.4 Beta on Steam?

2»

Comments

• KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 627
    10hirj6uuxrb.jpg
    edited December 2020
    I have a 100% clean install, on Norwegian Windows 10.

I uninstalled, deleted the main folder, deleted the Documents folder and rebooted before install.

PS. I get the exact same results in both BG1 and 2

PPS:

It turns out it's not the Betas! I haven't played since i reformated my computer a few weeks ago and went straight to 2.6 when i saw it was out for testing, so i assumed it was the beta doing it.

I uninstalled the beta and the class names are still wrong.. i tried to change to German language, still English with some Norwegian class names.. very very strange.

PPPS:
    I deleted all Norwegian language from my system and installed only the English language packs, set to UK time, zone and location.. nothing works.
    BG1 and 2 are the only games on my system doing this.. and only for class and race

IWD is fine:

51v9dfvpf7dh.jpg

But i'll stop now.. this isn't what the thread is about, i just finished where the reporting started.

Ok, fixed it.

I swapped language in-game, instead of using Steam to do it, then swapped back to English in-game.
    It all works fine now.. but i have absolutely no clue what caused it.
    Post edited by Khyron on
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    @Khyron How come you have the SoD interface? This is the Baldur's Gate II thread...

Also, I don't have that issue on SoD. Can you check SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\override, and make sure there are no files there?
    I lost track of which thread I was in, but regardless of that I had the same issue in both games.. but as I stated, it's fixed now.. and also as stated, I deleted the entire game directory so it was never mods.

For some reason bg1 and 2 had language issues until I reset it by switching to another language then back to English.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    @Khyron There is no Norwegian language in BG2, so that issue only affected SoD. The language selector in the Steam interface for BG1 is an oversight, we'll be removing it. To change the language in the game, you have to do it from Options - Language (in-game). What you experienced, though, was a partial bug where it loaded SoD in Norwegian, although only BG:EE was translated to Norwegian, not SoD. Thanks for the feedback.
  • KALBotKALBot Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2020
    ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎
    Post edited by KALBot on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Hey, @KALBot . Not sure why you removed the text from your post but I downloaded your save games and they don't crash for me at auto-transition. I managed to proceed to the tree in BG2 and complete the room in TOB. The crashes you mention are most likely related to your AV or Firewall blocking access to the Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition folder in Documents. Another reason might be that you don't have a clean install. When beta-testing, having a clean game, without ANY mods, and any files in the override folder, is a hard requirement.
  • BelfaldurnikBelfaldurnik Member Posts: 212
    Although that beta release passes the testing requirements...

I strongly recommend proof-reading the code that handles Watcher's Keep AR3003 and the portals beyond. First of all, the fade in/out animation upon entering a portal occurs too late. The party is shown within the new area already, but then the screen fades to black. That is too late. It ought to be: 1) Enter portal. 2) Fade to black. 3) Fade in again in new area as to reveal party. Worse, when I left AR3004, the party appeared within the next area but was stuck with idle animations. Same for the nearby foes. Couldn't move, couldn't click anything. Had to kill the program task. Don't think I've ever had to do that in Watcher's Keep with BG2EE.
    Although that beta release passes the testing requirements...

I strongly recommend proof-reading the code that handles Watcher's Keep AR3003 and the portals beyond. First of all, the fade in/out animation upon entering a portal occurs too late. The party is shown within the new area already, but then the screen fades to black. That is too late. It ought to be: 1) Enter portal. 2) Fade to black. 3) Fade in again in new area as to reveal party. Worse, when I left AR3004, the party appeared within the next area but was stuck with idle animations. Same for the nearby foes. Couldn't move, couldn't click anything. Had to kill the program task. Don't think I've ever had to do that in Watcher's Keep with BG2EE.

Do you have a save file you can zip and attach to a comment so that we could try reproing it?