Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Why no GURPs adaptation to CRPG?
- - We have adaptations from D&D 1 and 2e on late 80s and 90s, all of the long Gold Box series, Dark Sun Shattered Sands, Wake of the Ravager, and even an dark sun mmo, had baldur's gate 1/2, icewind dale 1
- - D&D 3(3.5e) received nwn1/2, iwd2 and other adaptations.
- - We had some adaptations of vampire the masquarede : redemption and bloodlines, a recent visual novel, and will get vtmb 2 soon.
- - D&D 5e got BG3 and Solasta(which is not a D&D product, only uses 5e rules)
- - The Call of Cthulhu got a adaptation(not sure if faithful)
Gurps however, got no adaptation. FL1 used GURPs system but it was changed on late development. The main advantage over GURPs is that you can use it on anything. Is possible to make any type of adventure with GURPs, from no magic and low tech roman historical RPG to ultra high magic, ultra high tech techomancers creating an android army armed with railguns and terraforming planets while fight an race of extra dimensional aliens.
See George Marin talking about GURPs