Skip to content

Icon missing.

VerticorVerticor Member Posts: 119
My icon for BG2 is simply gone. I can go to the properties of the .lnk, search for the game .exe, find the icon in it, select it, apply those settings, click OK... and still both the shortcut and the .exe are blank.

I tried reinstalling, deleting and creating new shortcuts, fiddling with deleting corrupt icon caches and whatever online solutions I could dig up.

Nothing works. It's apparently gone, even though I can literally SEE, that it is in fact RIGHT THERE, when I search for the icon itself and pick the .exe. Picking another icon is no problem. That works. But I don't want another icon. I want the regular one.

Any suggestions?
2wwlmf5ir3lg.png

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Reinstalling the game can help, or manually changing the icon.
  • VerticorVerticor Member Posts: 119
    I tried reinstalling 5 times, which didn't help, and changing the icon removes the transparency around it.
  • VerticorVerticor Member Posts: 119
    Okay, not that I wanna be that guy, but this is apparently still a thing in 2.6. I uninstalled completely, downloaded again, saw that the shortcut was fine, played a couple of times, and... well.

And here we are. You wanna see a screenshot of my blank shortcut again, or do you take my word for it?