Skip to content

Enhanced Powergaming Scripts v12.4

1235»

Comments

• morpheus562morpheus562 Member Posts: 250
    snsdale1 wrote: »
    snsdale1 wrote: »
    Removing a few !CheckSpellState lines in the corresponding IF sections fixed the issue for me with Mirror Image, Blur, Fire Shields and a few other minor spells.

I mentioned it in g3, but I will say again here. I am aware and updates are underway for v11 release. It was 88 files and hundreds of lines of cleanup, but it should be resolved going forward.

Keep it up, you've got a great mod going. I didnt mean any harm

No worries, feedback like this makes it better. No harm in bringing up these issues.
  • MyragMyrag Member Posts: 328
    edited December 2022
    Do I need to assign AI scripts to characters who create simulacrums or this is completely separate and regardless of who creates the clone and what kind of AI script they have assigned the simulacrum will act on its own?

The reason I'm asking is because I like to micromanage my party, but I don't like to micro-manage when my clones stop auto-attacking when enemies disappear (invis), die, etc.
    Simulacrums will automatically be assigned scripts where they can prebuff and have the full capability of my player ai. No special assignment is needed.
  • SoilnRockSoilnRock Member Posts: 10
    edited December 2022
    Are those characters capable of hitting/damaging the enemies with their bows? If enemies are resistant/immune to a characters damage, then the character will not attack that enemy.

I'm not quite sure ... But still/in general: Sometimes auto-attacking just doesn't seem to work. Atm I have Aerie equpped with "Mauler's Arm +2" mace and Edwin with "Staff of Rhynn" and "Staff of Power", yet both of them just stand around doing nothing with enemies being present.
    I double-checked: The correct scripit is selected and activated and party AI is turned on as well. They're not casting *any* spells as well :-(
    SoilnRock wrote: »
    Are those characters capable of hitting/damaging the enemies with their bows? If enemies are resistant/immune to a characters damage, then the character will not attack that enemy.

I'm not quite sure ... But still/in general: Sometimes auto-attacking just doesn't seem to work. Atm I have Aerie equpped with "Mauler's Arm +2" mace and Edwin with "Staff of Rhynn" and "Staff of Power", yet both of them just stand around doing nothing with enemies being present.
    I double-checked: The correct scripit is selected and activated and party AI is turned on as well. They're not casting *any* spells as well :-(

If those classes have melee weapons equipped, they will not attack. Those are more backline characters that you don't want running into melee. If they have ranged weapons or tensers active they will attack. I don't have the scripts doing many offensive spells as those should be mainly player driven. Most spellcasting is going to be buffs, debuffs, and dispels. I'm slowly building in more cc/disabling spells along with more offensive spells.
  • MyragMyrag Member Posts: 328
    edited December 2022
    Seems like there is something wrong with the mod when installing on GOG version of the game. At least that's what I assume because I tried to install it even on the clean version of the game.
    Installing [Install Enhanced Scripts for Simulacrum] [v10.4]
    Clearing the arrays.
    Clearing the variables.
    Clearing the inlined files.
    Clearing the macros.
    Clearing the IDS map.
    Copying and patching 1 file ...
    loading 1 tra file
    Copying 1 file ...
    ERROR: error loading [enhanced-powergaming-scripts/baf/upload/mocore.baf]
    Stopping installation because of error.
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Install Enhanced Scripts for Simulacrum], rolling back to previous state
    Will uninstall   0 files for [ENHANCED-POWERGAMING-SCRIPTS/ENHANCED-POWERGAMING-SCRIPTS.TP2] component 10.
    Uninstalled      0 files for [ENHANCED-POWERGAMING-SCRIPTS/ENHANCED-POWERGAMING-SCRIPTS.TP2] component 10.
    ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "enhanced-powergaming-scripts/baf/upload/mocore.baf")
    Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-ENHANCED-POWERGAMING-SCRIPTS.DEBUG and look for support at: morpheus562
    Using Language [English]

Install Component [Install Enhanced Scripts for Simulacrum]?
    [I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?

I've checked the path "enhanced-powergaming-scripts/baf/upload/mocore.baf" but the file is not here, neither is on your github, so not sure why is it being loaded.
    edited December 2022
    What version of my script are you installing? If you are only trying to install the simulacrum and not the rest of the mod, then that will be your issue. Mocore.baf is built on the fly based on the users mod installations and that is done as part of my base ai component. If that isn't installed, then there is nothing to grab for the simulacrum.
    Post edited by morpheus562 on
  • Cassian0585Cassian0585 Member Posts: 3
    Okay, I have to ask. Can you please untie healing from debuffing and curing. I can't stand the healing AI. They blow spells when they don't need to when out of combat, for one. Like the clerics / druids go 'oh you poor baby, you're misisng 10 hp out of 130, I better heal you."

Second, on top of that, they seem to just randomly pick when to cast it. Okay. Out of combat. ....waiting for the druid to heal, I freaking know she's going to. ....okay hey, maybe she's dumb being done and casting a cure for 5% of his hp, *clicks to move right as she starts casting and interrupts it.* ....amazing.
    Okay, I have to ask. Can you please untie healing from debuffing and curing. I can't stand the healing AI. They blow spells when they don't need to when out of combat, for one. Like the clerics / druids go 'oh you poor baby, you're misisng 10 hp out of 130, I better heal you."

Second, on top of that, they seem to just randomly pick when to cast it. Okay. Out of combat. ....waiting for the druid to heal, I freaking know she's going to. ....okay hey, maybe she's dumb being done and casting a cure for 5% of his hp, *clicks to move right as she starts casting and interrupts it.* ....amazing.

10hp loss out of 130 hp will not trigger the scripts nor do the scripts cast healing spells for 5% of hp loss. For your above stated example of 130hp character, it would need 14 hp loss to trigger a cure light wounds which in turn can only heal a maximum of 13hp per cast (8+5).
  • sputn1ksputn1k Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2023
    hello
    i hope youll find the time to help me
    im playind IWDee on steam
    i just install this mod, no others, in game folder ( D/steam / IWD)

when i go on scripts , i found all the previous scripts , +1 : enchanced powergaming scripts (EPS)
    on the right side , i can tweak (attack, buff self or party, sing song , etc..)

i set my cleric on buff team, use object, use offense and defence spell, turn undead on
    then, i go to my bard, and the settings are the same than my cleric, so i change it on 'no attck, sing bard, etc''

but , when i go on my cleric, the settings are the bard setting
    so i can use EPS only on 1 char??

what i'm missing ?

thx !!

sput
    sputn1k wrote: »
    hello
    i hope youll find the time to help me
    im playind IWDee on steam
    i just install this mod, no others, in game folder ( D/steam / IWD)

when i go on scripts , i found all the previous scripts , +1 : enchanced powergaming scripts (EPS)
    on the right side , i can tweak (attack, buff self or party, sing song , etc..)

i set my cleric on buff team, use object, use offense and defence spell, turn undead on
    then, i go to my bard, and the settings are the same than my cleric, so i change it on 'no attck, sing bard, etc''

but , when i go on my cleric, the settings are the bard setting
    so i can use EPS only on 1 char??

what i'm missing ?

thx !!

sput

Set ai for one character at a time returning to the game screen each time after setting ai for a character.
  • sputn1ksputn1k Member Posts: 2
    it doesnt work
    i set my AI for my cleric
    go on game screen
    i set my ai for my avenger
    go on game screen

but if i go back on my cleric , he has the avenger AI

so i only use EPS on my cleric :)

thx for your help !
  • Quality_PlasmidQuality_Plasmid Member Posts: 5
    Hey, i'm kinda late to the party but i hope you can still help me out.

I installed everything successfully but for some reason the pre-buff script "B" only works on CHARNAME ?

I installed everything successfully but for some reason the pre-buff script "B" only works on CHARNAME ?

You will need to individually set each characters' scripts to none and return back to the game screen before going into another characters record screen. Once all characters are set to none, then go back in and set up the enhanced powergaming scripts one at a time going back to the game screen before moving into a new character. To verify everything is assigned correctly, go to the records screen (not scripting screen) and each character should be assigned the bddefai script.

You will need to individually set each characters' scripts to none and return back to the game screen before going into another characters record screen. Once all characters are set to none, then go back in and set up the enhanced powergaming scripts one at a time going back to the game screen before moving into a new character. To verify everything is assigned correctly, go to the records screen (not scripting screen) and each character should be assigned the bddefai script.

Thanks for replying so fast, i really appreciate. So i did what you said but the script automatically sets itself back to Powergaming script after i return to the mainscreen
    Go into your main character, set it to none, click save, then go back into the game screen. Does it still show none for the main character?
    What do you mean by "gamescreen" ? I'm setting it to "none", saving, quit to main menu and load back in. Am i doing it wrong ?
    edited May 2023
    The game screen when you press the "g" key where you can see your characters and move them and such. You don't need to do any saving or loading of the game itself, only the selected script.
    Post edited by morpheus562 on
    edited May 2023
    Oh okay then. It works ! Thank you so much.

The issue i have now is that i only have a limited amount of spell slots for specific spells that i want to be casted on certain characters. Is there any way to do so ?
    Choosing which character gets a buff is not programmable. Typically, buffing looks at the character casting the spell first, then the main character, then it goes proximity to the caster.
    edited May 2023
    All good. I just have to place my characters accordingly to who i want buffed in priority.

Thank you so so much for your help and for still being around 1 year later you trully are amazing.
    Updated the description to match the current version of Enhanced Powergaming Scripts along with the new features.
  • DaveyLDaveyL Member Posts: 16
    Sorry but I posted this on github then found this site - please forgive me

I have enjoyed this mod greatly but there are some issues which stump me. I would like to mod this mod myself, but goodness it is a complicated beast

My issue is that I always play with multiple clerics and a sorcerer.

All my clerics cast the same prebuff spells ignoring the fact they they themselves have already cast it ( more than once ) as well as another cleric party member. 6 bless spells does not improve over one.

Also my sorcerer casts 5 blurs upon himself and simply casts the same spell until he has no spell levels left at a particular level.

Is there a way around this or could you even point me in the right direction of your tpa files - currently I am enjoying IWDEE but I play BGEE BG2EE endlessly
    DaveyL wrote: »
    Sorry but I posted this on github then found this site - please forgive me

I have enjoyed this mod greatly but there are some issues which stump me. I would like to mod this mod myself, but goodness it is a complicated beast

My issue is that I always play with multiple clerics and a sorcerer.

All my clerics cast the same prebuff spells ignoring the fact they they themselves have already cast it ( more than once ) as well as another cleric party member. 6 bless spells does not improve over one.

Also my sorcerer casts 5 blurs upon himself and simply casts the same spell until he has no spell levels left at a particular level.

Is there a way around this or could you even point me in the right direction of your tpa files - currently I am enjoying IWDEE but I play BGEE BG2EE endlessly

Thank you! Can you please provide your weidu log for review?
  • DaveyLDaveyL Member Posts: 16
    Thank you for replying

here is weidu log renamed to txt as log is illegal to attach and SETUP-ENHANCED-POWERGAMING-SCRIPTS.Debug also renamed to txt

It amazes me that his game is so old and I imagine you mod is also quite old and you are still answering questions from numpties like me.

Thank you.
    DaveyL wrote: »
    Thank you for replying

here is weidu log renamed to txt as log is illegal to attach and SETUP-ENHANCED-POWERGAMING-SCRIPTS.Debug also renamed to txt

It amazes me that his game is so old and I imagine you mod is also quite old and you are still answering questions from numpties like me.

Thank you.

Couple things going on. First, I recommend installing my newer version of the script, v12.4, which was released last week. Which version of the game are you playing? Also, I'm not very familiar with Olvyn spells, but EEex should be installed prior to it. I've also seen issues with how it alters spells and interactions with my scripts, so I have a blanket statement my scripts are not compatible with games with Olvyn Spells installed.