Skip to content

Enhanced Powergaming Scripts v12.4

Comments

• morpheus562morpheus562 Member Posts: 250
    @morpheus562 Thanks so much for this, it works very well. The only problem I have is the auto-detect traps seems to interrupt lockpicking and looting. If I tell my thief to lockpick a chest at the other side of the room, often she stops walking on her way there, because the script "re-triggered" detect traps. Also, if the retrigger happens while looting, the loot "window" (which shows the items in the chest) closes. This happens so fast that it's difficult to loot the items.

Would there be a way to fix this? Other than that, I'm really enjoying the convenience, especially pre-buffing 🙂

This forum thread needs to be updated, but v9.0 of my scripts released the other day which should correct your issue as part of its enhancements.
  • plasticlove24plasticlove24 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for fixing this!
  • SoilnRockSoilnRock Member Posts: 10
    edited November 2022
    Hi! I just installed your scripts for BG2EE, apparently the first two worked but the last one with the Simulacrum failed to install. I can select the new script in the game but the hotkey for switching between melee and ranged "E" doesn't seem to be working :-(
    Is there anything more I need to do for this to work?

EDIT: OK, don't ask me what I did, I just went into he scripts enu again, didn'T change anything and suddenly the hotkeys are working. Very strange, looking forward to seeing them in action - still in Irenicus' dungeon am ...
    EDIT2: OK ... Maybe I should not have tried to use the hotkeys while in Pause mode ..........
    Post edited by SoilnRock on
    SoilnRock wrote: »
    Hi! I just installed your scripts for BG2EE, apparently the first two worked but the last one with the Simulacrum failed to install. I can select the new script in the game but the hotkey for switching between melee and ranged "E" doesn't seem to be working :-(
    Is there anything more I need to do for this to work?

EDIT: OK, don't ask me what I did, I just went into he scripts enu again, didn'T change anything and suddenly the hotkeys are working. Very strange, looking forward to seeing them in action - still in Irenicus' dungeon am ...
    EDIT2: OK ... Maybe I should not have tried to use the hotkeys while in Pause mode ..........

No worries, I am happy you got the hotkeys sorted. As for the simulacrums, can you please provide your weidu logs showing all mods you have installed as well as any of the failure logs, so I can see exactly what the simulacrums failed on. Thank you!
    edited November 2022
    Hi, thx for your reply. Unfortunately the hotkeys are *NOT* working properly. The "E" key only switches to a ranged weapon but not back to a melee weapon :-( There seems to be some mixup with the standard hotkeys although there are non defined for me atm.
    I reinstalled the scripts, prior to that I gave windows full access to the dialog.tlk file and now I didn' get any errors/warnings.

Still I'd love to get the hotkeys working ...
    It's really strange. "E" seems to work with Imoen and Yoshimo switching between dagger/katana and darts/shortbow - although the game always states "RANGED weapon equipped" even when it is switching to melee.
    "E" is not working for Jaheira and Minsc with quarterstaff/two-hand-sword and sling/longbow.
    CHARNAME switches between Varscona+2 and shortbow when pressing "E".
    Maybe some problem with 2H-weapons?
    edited November 2022
    It's really strange. "E" seems to work with Imoen and Yoshimo switching between dagger/katana and darts/shortbow - although the game always states "RANGED weapon equipped" even when it is switching to melee.
    "E" is not working for Jaheira and Minsc with quarterstaff/two-hand-sword and sling/longbow.
    CHARNAME switches between Varscona+2 and shortbow when pressing "E".
    Maybe some problem with 2H-weapons?

I had the wrong dialog line, so when I push the update it will now correctly state: "Equipping a melee weapon" when switching to melee. For Jaheira and Minsc, do they have ammo in their ranged weapons? Is it working switching to range but not melee or vice versa or is it not working at all? And just to confirm, is the script assigned to Jaheira and Minsc?
    edited November 2022
    Yes, the script is assigned to everyone.
    Jaheira has bullets in her 'quiver', Minsc is carrying arrows (and a shield). Jaheira has no shield equipped.

Now the hotkey suddenly is working for none of my characers after a game restart. :-(
    Something seems to be (very) wrong here :-)
    And for the weapon swapping, does it entirely not work for those two, or does it work one way and not the other?
    edited November 2022
    Atm it's not working at all for any of my characters. Nothing happens. I tried selecting a different script and then changing back but to no avail.
    Fascinating, I loaded a save game from half an hour ago - Yoshimo, Imoen, CHARNAME have functioning "E", Jaheira and Minsc not.
    In my latest savegame the hotkey doesn'T work for any of my chars.
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Apparenty "E" only works with character AI enabled, that makes sense!
    Still Minsc and Jaheira are not working - in both directions ranged<->melee.
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Apparenty "E" only works with character AI enabled, that makes sense!
    Still Minsc and Jaheira are not working - in both directions ranged<->melee.

And to confirm, you have v10.4 of my scripts (most current released version) installed and both Jaheira and Minsc are showing BDDEFAI listed as their scripts in the records page? Apologies for all the questions, I am just trying to be thorough in my troubleshooting.
    OK, I'm also a bit stupid/blind: Although the script was selected for Minsc/Jaheira I had to click on it again to see the script desription in the bottom right corner, so the script was not correctly selected/activated.

Now I'm happy - except for the wrong wording, looking forward to your next update - and sorry for having created any confusion.
    No confusion created at all and you allowed me to identify and create a bugfix. Thank you for your help and assistance!
    Hey, it's me again.
    I'm having problems with the script and Yoshimo not using ranged weapons automatically to engage enemies. When I switch to a melee weapon he attacks immediately but having him equipped with a bow or a sling (and corresponding ammunition) he just stands there and does nothing.
    Jan and Jaheira however do use their sling and crossbow automatically.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?
    Are those characters capable of hitting/damaging the enemies with their bows? If enemies are resistant/immune to a characters damage, then the character will not attack that enemy.
  • snsdale1snsdale1 Member Posts: 18
    edited December 2022
    Hello, @morpheus562 Ive got a custom kit for sorcerer from Tome and Blood - Magus - that allows me to fight in melee, how can I change your scripts so that they allow my character to use melee weapons?
    When I press E to change preferred weapon, i just get the "ranged" message and my character does not seem to do anything in melee.
    1teywz829bky.png
    edited December 2022
    @snsdale1 The message always saying ranged is a bug and corrected for next release. It swaps correctly, just displays the same string for each. Regarding your melee sorcerer, what is the name of the kit and what mod does it come from? You will want to do the following with the below lines of code in your game:
    OR(7)
        Class(Myself,FIGHTER_ALL)
        Class(Myself,CLERIC_ALL)
        Class(Myself,THIEF_ALL)
        Class(Myself,BARD_ALL)
        Class(Myself,PALADIN_ALL)
        Class(Myself,DRUID_ALL)
        Class(Myself,RANGER_ALL)

will need to be changed to:
    OR(8)
        Class(Myself,FIGHTER_ALL)
        Class(Myself,CLERIC_ALL)
        Class(Myself,THIEF_ALL)
        Class(Myself,BARD_ALL)
        Class(Myself,PALADIN_ALL)
        Class(Myself,DRUID_ALL)
        Class(Myself,RANGER_ALL)
        Kit(Myself,SorcererKitName)

This will need to be done six times to cover the six physical attack combat checks. Please note, the name for the sorcerer kit needs to be the kit name listed in the kitlist.2da file.
    edited December 2022
    Regarding your melee sorcerer, what is the name of the kit and what mod does it come from?
    @morpheus562 Its from Tome and Blood, Magus kit. https://gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/30797-unearthed-arcana-present-tome-blood-more-options-for-arcane-casters/
    Are all these lines located in a singular file or are they spread out in multiple ones?

Edit: found them in core_base.tph
    edited December 2022
    @snsdale1 These are all located in a single file that can be accessed via Near Infinity. For BGEE, BG2EE, and EET this will be bddefai.bcs and IWDEE will be mocore.bs. You will add the following line for the Magus:
    Kit(Myself,QDMAGUS)

EDITED TO ADD: I made an update to allow the Magus kit to attack in melee. This will be included in my next release, but that will probably be next year.
    @morpheus562 So I've edited all the six checks but my character still seems to not use his melee weapon unless i tell them to. Is there anything else that can be changed? Might i be doing something wrong?
    Here are the screenshots of the changes.
    lk4sqcs7fsfo.png
    cd471ns49y11.png
    bbygijaauczv.png
    ke4njf5833kw.png
    bocc7k4xj52o.png
    wan2ax08yin4.png
    edited December 2022
    Ok im a big pepega sorry, it works now.

Really appreciate the help, thanks, you've just saved a lot of my time!!
    @snsdale1 I see you caught it, the check needs to go in with the OR(x) check.
    Do you have a bug - feedback thread somewhere?
    I have a problem with G3, at first i tried to post this there but my guest messages are not going through and i cannot sign up there because the security check thingie does not load in.
    Thanks for the info though, ill try to set g3 up somehow
    @morpheus562
    There seems to be some kind of an issue with prebuffing. If I prebuff myself and then walk around a bit, some of the lower level protections fall off (like Blur or Mirror Image) while the higher level ones still remain, I can't reapply them the prebuff script again until I wait for the higher level protections to fall of or dispel them - I just get the message saying that I've finished prebuffing although obviously there're still some spells left to apply. I've noticed that it most often happens if Globe of Invulnerability is still active - when it fades the lower level spells can be automatically cast again.

Fire shield unavailable on the screenshot here:

udc3t46zc3wm.png

Mirror Image faded and cant be recast via prebuff script:
    nv38f1z4zw98.png

Now I've just cast Spell Trap and Globe of Invulnerability. The lower level spells didnt go through the prebuffing process:
    mo59r7b5djom.png

Also Fire Shield (Blue) and Fire Shield (Red) seem to exclude each other from prebuffing (Fire shield red is applied by default, I've tired manually casting the Blue one but then the Red one didnt apply during the prebuffing). Is that supposed to happen?
    Removing a few !CheckSpellState lines in the corresponding IF sections fixed the issue for me with Mirror Image, Blur, Fire Shields and a few other minor spells.
    snsdale1 wrote: »
    Removing a few !CheckSpellState lines in the corresponding IF sections fixed the issue for me with Mirror Image, Blur, Fire Shields and a few other minor spells.

I mentioned it in g3, but I will say again here. I am aware and updates are underway for v11 release. It was 88 files and hundreds of lines of cleanup, but it should be resolved going forward.
    snsdale1 wrote: »

I mentioned it in g3, but I will say again here. I am aware and updates are underway for v11 release. It was 88 files and hundreds of lines of cleanup, but it should be resolved going forward.

Keep it up, you've got a great mod going. I didnt mean any harm