Skip to content

Planescape: Torment crashes immediately on iOS 14.2

bearnamedtatorsbearnamedtators Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
edited January 2021 in Troubleshooting
Whenever I try to launch PS:T on my 11" iPad Pro, the Lady of Pain splash screen comes on then the app immediately crashes out. Interestingly, the program remains open and I can manually close it by swiping up, but then the icon remains in the cmd+tab window.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does PS:T need an update to work with this iOS version? Do I just need to reinstall? If so, if I delete and reinstall, is my saved game going to be gone?

I reached out to Beamdog support via the website twice and haven't heard anything back in several weeks.

Comments

• WarMachineWarMachine Member Posts: 7
    I have the same problem with the Planescape app as well. I am on iPad OS 14.4. Siege of Dragonspear is also broken as well. I have also filed tickets with Beamdog Support for both these games. Hopefully they will be fixed sometime this year.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,350
    edited February 2021
    This is quite odd.

I have all the games, and have had zero problems running them. No matter what version of iOS I am on. My current version of iOS is 14.4 and I have had zero crashes

Screen saves from both games included
    6krzbps4d9gw.png
    evs2kjyqkknw.png

Ps. I am an iPhone, so perhaps it’s a iPad only problem.
    That is interesting, the apps work on IOS but not on iPad OS. The two operating systems were split and are now different as of the release of version 13. This may be an like you suggest, an iPad specific issue.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723

Thanks for the response Julius, I did what you just suggested yesterday for both Planescape Torment and Siege of Dragonspear. I also received the confirmation emails for both. I only stated that the crash was on my iPad with iPad OS 14.4. I didn’t specify which iPad Pro edition I used, i.e. First Gen, Second Gen, or in my case Third. Do I need to resubmit the tickets with more specific information?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    Sure, it would help to get more specific information. Appreciate your help!