Skip to content

Hello everybody again, I've got a new MAGIC STICK AND A SUPER DOOPER SWORD.

First off, I haven't posted here for a couple of years but that doesn't mean I haven't been playing BG.
So lets start with a big "Hello, love you guys, missed you all so much, mwah, mwah"

(and let's just overlook me driving my family nuts mentioning BG...a lot..."what are we having for supper?"..."Well I just so happen to have this recipe for soup that an old Elven Mage gave me"....why does everybody suddenly want to go to McDonalds?...)

The point of this thread.

So I am a very boring player, I mean really boring. I nearly always play a swashbuckler, I just like the thieving skills and traps too much.
But then I discovered, you can be a thief and a fighter (I mean theoretically I always knew that but never bothered, went for dualing instead plus being a half elf was far, far too close to bloody Neera)

But this run, soloing, I went for F/T/M !!!!!!!!
I am stupidly overpowered anyway but then you get SotM.
And then you get 'Use Any Item'
And then you can use Carsomyre.
And then you get plenty of "SPIKE TRAPS" and even more 'GREATER WHIRLWIND'
And then you are a GOD.

Bugger Bhaalspawn powers, I am a God (GODDESS actually) in my own right.

So anyway, that's what's going on with me.
I expect you all to be suitably overawed should we meet and to practice your genuflecting just in case.
semiticgoddesslroumenGrond0dunbarBalrog99BlackbɨrdJuliusBorisovBlackravenBelgarathMTHshabadooArvia

Comments

• lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Baldurs Gate knowledge isn't useless. I got my family addicted to Monkey Balls and Ruby Racks.
    UnderstandMouseMagicJuliusBorisovFlashburn
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Welcome back (and, just for the record, you don't come across as being even remotely like bloody Neera)!
    JuliusBorisov
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    dunbar wrote: »
    Welcome back (and, just for the record, you don't come across as being even remotely like bloody Neera)!

Thankyou, that's comforting. I can hardly say "half elf"...I hear it in her voice.

But now I have Godlike powers, I can smite her.
    (I always do in BG anyway.)

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    First off, I haven't posted here for a couple of years but that doesn't mean I haven't been playing BG.
    So lets start with a big "Hello, love you guys, missed you all so much, mwah, mwah"

(and let's just overlook me driving my family nuts mentioning BG...a lot..."what are we having for supper?"..."Well I just so happen to have this recipe for soup that an old Elven Mage gave me"....why does everybody suddenly want to go to McDonalds?...)

The point of this thread.

So I am a very boring player, I mean really boring. I nearly always play a swashbuckler, I just like the thieving skills and traps too much.
    But then I discovered, you can be a thief and a fighter (I mean theoretically I always knew that but never bothered, went for dualing instead plus being a half elf was far, far too close to bloody Neera)

But this run, soloing, I went for F/T/M !!!!!!!!
    I am stupidly overpowered anyway but then you get SotM.
    And then you get 'Use Any Item'
    And then you can use Carsomyre.
    And then you get plenty of "SPIKE TRAPS" and even more 'GREATER WHIRLWIND'
    And then you are a GOD.

Bugger Bhaalspawn powers, I am a God (GODDESS actually) in my own right.

So anyway, that's what's going on with me.
    I expect you all to be suitably overawed should we meet and to practice your genuflecting just in case.

Carsomyr is great and all that, but try using GWW and the Silver Sword for some even better slicing & dicing. Heck, if you really dig Godhood, use EEKeeper, make yourself a Fighter/Mage/Swashbuckler and become the God of the Cuisinart!
    UnderstandMouseMagic
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I was going to say Soul Reaver is the best two-handed sword, but we all know it's really Lilarcor.
  • BlackbɨrdBlackbɨrd Member Posts: 293
    I was going to say Soul Reaver is the best two-handed sword, but we all know it's really Lilarcor.

You mean the two-handed sword which lets off a random fireball every so often isn't the best? :o
  • SouplesseSouplesse Member Posts: 131
    F/M/swash are very good, even in party of 6... without xp cap, with HLA... you don’t need more than 13 fighter’s levels anyway...enough of thief points.... lack of spell slots but you really need stonskin, mirror image,mislead and BBOD anyway. Qstaff for bs and 2handed sword for the rest. A breeze ?
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

I can't decide if you are joking or serious. :#

Why is Soul Reaver the better sword?
    I find the dispell on Carsomyr to be vital.

the_bigg
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @UnderstandMouseMagic: Stackable THAC0 penalties! The only other thing that can impose cumulative THAC0 penalties is an Archer's Called Shot, which requires a specific kit and is really short-lasting. Soul Reaver is crippling for enemy dragons and other fighter types, the primary threat once you reach ToB.

I usually use the Staff of the Magi for +5 weapon dispels since more characters can use it, and before that, I just have my typically magic-heavy parties memorize a couple of Secret Word spells and a Breach to debuff enemy mages on round 1. Carsomyr can do the work a lot of the time--even when PFMW and SI: Abj are up, you can still have another party member take down the latter so Carsomyr's Dispel Magic can break through--but I normally find other methods to do the dispelling.
    UnderstandMouseMagicAngulimala