I've always felt that the Slayer form was pretty underwhelming. It does good damage and it grants lots of resistances, but at the end of the day, it's just a shapeshifting spell that kills you a few rounds into its duration--very inconvenient, and not very novel--or, for many characters, even useful.
This mod is designed to create a more balanced and interesting Slayer form that all classes can benefit from (notably, you can now use any weapon while in Slayer form). In addition, this mod revises the Bhaalspawn powers you get in BG1, making them more thematically appropriate for a child of Bhaal. This mod also makes the Nine Hells bonuses more interesting and more flexible: your alignment is no longer changed by your actions in Hell, and you get a more diverse array of bonuses... and penalties as well. Blackrazor is also revised: among other changes, it can now be used by any character, no matter their class.
Finally, if you have the Ascension mod installed, Slayer Revisions will also change the rewards from the Pocket Plane trials. They now empower the Slayer form, which gets increasingly scary and powerful as time goes on. While Ascension abilities will still depend on player responses during dialogs with the Solar, the player's reputation in BG1 or alignment in BG2 will not change which innate abilities they gain; all player characters will get a single copy of 6 different spells.
All of the changes are geared towards making the Bhaalspawn's powers thematically match Bhaal's portfolio and origins: the god of murder, risen from an adventuring assassin. On the whole, they will make Charname stronger, though almost entirely in terms of how good they are at stealth and murder.
List of new spells and bonuses:
- Fade: Turns the caster invisible for 3 rounds and, at level 4, grants a +1 bonus to their backstab multiplier.
- Ichor: Poisons the target on a failed save vs. death and, at level 6, also diseases and slows them.
- Terror: Imposes fear on all targets for 3 rounds and, at level 8, also paralyzes them for 1 round on a failed save vs. death.
- Summon Skeletal Fiend: Summons a level 6 skeletal minion for 8 hours, or a level 8 monster at level 10.
- Enervation: Reduces enemy THAC0 by 2 and saves vs. death by 4 with a save vs. spell for half, increasing to a -6 penalty to saves vs. death at level 12.
- Finger of Death: Kills the target on a failed save vs. death. Enemies that are higher in level than the caster, or are above level 20, get a +5 bonus to their saving throw.
- Reduces reputation by 1 point
- The main character can use any weapon in Slayer form, but cannot cast spells, talk, sing, or shapeshift
- Increases Strength and Dexterity by 2 (or sets to 18/00 and 18, if Strength or Dexterity are 17 or below)
- Grants 1 extra attack per round and doubles all attacks (stacks with Improved Haste; can bypass the 10 APR cap)
- Base Armor Class 1
- +10% to physical damage resistance, +15% to energy resistance, +20% to magic resistance, and +1 to THAC0, damage, AC, and saving throws; each bonus increases at levels 20 and 30
- +1 to backstab multiplier
- Melee hits deal 1 poison damage per second for 1 round on a failed save; poison damage increases by 1 at levels 20 and 30
- Lasts 10 rounds (grants no immunities in its base form and does not kill the player when it ends)
Fear Trial, Good Reward:
Spell Immunity once per day
Fear Trial, Evil Reward:
+1 Intelligence, Mislead once per day
Selfishness Trial, Good Reward:
Divine Sanctuary once per day (immunity to damage for 3 rounds on another character); same penalties as vanilla
Selfishness Trial, Evil Reward:
+1 to backstab multiplier, Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, +2 to saves vs. death and polymorph
Wrath Trial, Good Reward:
+1 to Wisdom and saves vs. spell and wand
Wrath Trial, Evil Reward:
+2 to critical hit rolls and +10% bonus to all magical and elemental damage dealt
Pride Trial, Good Reward:
+1 Charisma, +5% to all resistances
Pride Trial, Evil Reward:
+1 to caster level, THAC0, damage, AC, and saves vs. breath
Greed Trial, Good Reward:
Wish once per day
Greed Trial, Evil Reward:
Blackrazor, 10% bonus to current XP (e.g., a character with 3 million XP gains 300,000 XP)
All good rewards grant +1 reputation, while all evil rewards reduce reputation by 1.
Pocket Plane abilities are only available if Ascension is installed, and only apply when in Slayer form:
- First trial:
Good reward: Regenerates 2 HP/second
Evil reward: Drains 2d6 HP in magical cold damage on melee hits on a failed save vs. death
- Second trial:
Good reward: Immunity to level drain, intoxication, poison, blindness, deafness, disease, petrification, finger of death, and Power Word, Kill; +3 to saves vs. death and polymorph; cannot die of ability score drain
Evil reward: No chance of critical misses; +5 to critical hit chances
- Third trial:
Good reward: Immunity to imprisonment, maze, stun, charm, sleep, confusion, hold, paralysis, fear, berserk, feeblemindedness; +3 to saves vs. spell and wand
Evil reward: Drains 1 level for 10 rounds on melee hits on a failed save vs. death
- Fourth trial:
Good reward: Immunity to damage for 4 rounds after entering Slayer form
Evil reward: Lowers saving throws by 1 point for 6 seconds on melee hits
NOTE #1: If you want to use the new innate abilities in a new BG2 game (as opposed to one that is imported from BG1), you MUST let the opening cutscene in the starting dungeon play out, or else the new spells will not be assigned and you will begin the game with the vanilla spells.
NOTE #2: If you have the Expanded Classes mod installed, the Dancer kits will not double attacks per round in Slayer form (Slayer form will actually reduce them), but it will restore their damage output to that of a typical character (they will do 100% of normal physical damage per hit instead of 20%).
The mod has yet to undergo serious playtesting. Feedback is very welcome.