Skip to content

Berserker losing Enrage when Dual classing

I posted this here because I'm not sure if this is a bug or intentional behaviour, but when I dual a berserker to Cleric, Thief or Druid (haven't tested mage) the enrage power disappears entirely. It seems like that shouldn't happen based on what I've seen people say, but is it a recent change perhaps?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    All your previous class's abilities will only be available when your fighter levels return. Eg. you dual at lvl 7, you'll get your zerk abilities back when reaching lvl 8 as a cleric/thief/druid.
  • hybridialhybridial Member Posts: 291
    ... you are correct and that me forgetting that rather key fact... however I have been toying around with things for a bit and really what I wanted to inquire is I basically begin a new game in SoA. I then immediately dual the character after using the console to give them whatever exp for level I want, say enough for level 9, then I dual.

Then I import the character into ToB because the point for me is start with a dual class set up how I want, and yes, for some reason the enrage ability disappears. I've added it back with EEkeeper but I guess I am wondering, is this an unintentional bug caused by my manner of importing?
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,837
    The character creation process, which can be engaged by importing an underleveled character to another campaign, behaves differently than levels gained during gameplay. And yes, there are bugs if you complete a dual class that way. I've run into these missing abilities as well; anything granted in the kit's 2da file won't show up if you reactivate that class during character creation.

Then again, at least one such bug - concerning dual-class hit points - is fixed in patch 2.6. Maybe this one is fixed too?
  • hybridialhybridial Member Posts: 291
    Well that does make sense, I guess I can't complain too much because I'm not doing things the normal way.