Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Inaccessible Items for Solo Monks

OlderThan13YearsOlderThan13Years Member Posts: 64
Hi,

I am considering to try a solo run as a monk (BG1 + BG2) and wonder if there are any items that are important to monks that you can't get without a thief or without doing companion quests. Unfortunately, it's been a while since my last run and I don't remember such details...

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 6,871
    If you're playing strictly solo (so not doing NPC quests), then there's nothing useful that you can't get. Monks can use strength potions, so can kick open most locks - such as the one on the strength tome that requires 24 strength.

StummvonBordwehrBlackravenOlderThan13Years
  • ArviaArvia Member, Moderator Posts: 1,540
    edited January 24
    Edit: was wrong, sorry. See @jmerry for correction.

Post edited by Arvia on
    Blackraven
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 1,539
    Actually, your fists are nonmagical until level 9 - either SoD or SoA. That means that for BG1, you need a plan for enemies that can only be hit by magical weapons; I usually use the Cloak of the Wolf for this (3 APR for a monk, hits as +1).

And at the high end, a level 25+ monk gets +4 fists. There are no enemies in the game you can't hurt with your fists at that point.

While you don't get as many attacks with conventional weapons as a warrior that can specialize, you do get warrior bonus APR at level 7 and 13. That's enough for the rare enemies that you need nonmagical weapons for.

BlackravenOlderThan13Years
  • OlderThan13YearsOlderThan13Years Member Posts: 64
    edited January 24
    Ok thank you guys! It will be a permadeath/no reload playthrough btw. Hopefully, the cloak of the wolf and sling shots are enough to survive the first part.^^ Will probably do a parallel run with a non-solo character to find out what the Alorgoth's items are all about...

Post edited by OlderThan13Years on
    Grond0