Skip to content

Inaccessible Items for Solo Monks

OlderThan13YearsOlderThan13Years Member Posts: 79
Hi,

I am considering to try a solo run as a monk (BG1 + BG2) and wonder if there are any items that are important to monks that you can't get without a thief or without doing companion quests. Unfortunately, it's been a while since my last run and I don't remember such details...

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,317
    If you're playing strictly solo (so not doing NPC quests), then there's nothing useful that you can't get. Monks can use strength potions, so can kick open most locks - such as the one on the strength tome that requires 24 strength.
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    edited January 2021
    Edit: was wrong, sorry. See @jmerry for correction.
    Post edited by Arvia on
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    Actually, your fists are nonmagical until level 9 - either SoD or SoA. That means that for BG1, you need a plan for enemies that can only be hit by magical weapons; I usually use the Cloak of the Wolf for this (3 APR for a monk, hits as +1).

And at the high end, a level 25+ monk gets +4 fists. There are no enemies in the game you can't hurt with your fists at that point.

While you don't get as many attacks with conventional weapons as a warrior that can specialize, you do get warrior bonus APR at level 7 and 13. That's enough for the rare enemies that you need nonmagical weapons for.
  • OlderThan13YearsOlderThan13Years Member Posts: 79
    edited January 2021
    Ok thank you guys! It will be a permadeath/no reload playthrough btw. Hopefully, the cloak of the wolf and sling shots are enough to survive the first part.^^ Will probably do a parallel run with a non-solo character to find out what the Alorgoth's items are all about...
    Post edited by OlderThan13Years on