Skip to content

Traps not highlighted on ipad

So Playing as a rogue character I have noticed that traps on doors and chests show up when detected, but traps on the floor don’t show with a red highlight or green for my own traps. Anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• tarkusbtarkusb Member Posts: 6
    So I’ve pinned this down to a problem with cloaks, if I take my cloak off, then reload traps appear as normal, must be a bug.This seems to happen with any cloak. By the way this is in the mod “Honour among Thieves”. I have imported the same character into the main campaign and I’m getting the same results ?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    @tarkusb Can you please zip and attach your save from the main campaign where you're getting this problem?
    Sure, it’s a pregen character in the prelude, he has a trap and a cloak in his inventory. I have tried other cloaks and the problem remains. Set the trap first then equip the cloak and the green trap indicator will disappear.
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    edited January 2021
    This is going to sound far-fetched, but I'm going out on a limb here. Visible cloaks were added to the base game of NWN in Patch 1.68, the same patch that created the attack bonus miscalculation bug. Furthermore, it has been brought to my attention that the Rapid Shot feat suffers the same additional, unwarranted penalties the combat UI applies during combat. So, the bug affects both melee and ranged base attack bonuses. Is it possible there could be a connection between that 14+ year issue and the trap highlighting issue regarding how cloaks were coded into the game? I mean, there have been bugs caused by totally unrelated components of NWN before. Thank you for reading, and happy (healthy) gaming to all.
    Post edited by Prince_Raymond on
    Mnnn, you could be onto something there, I hope that the devs can find something out from the zip file I posted.
    @tarkusb *Crosses fingers*
  • rasone77rasone77 Member Posts: 7
    Having the same problem in vanilla. I was getting hella frustrated and didn’t get why my rogue wasn’t seeing any floor traps. Hodges estate was brutal. Sucks I can’t use my Cloak tho.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited January 2021
    This issue is no longer happening in the next internal build. Thanks, everyone, for reporting.
    That’s great to hear, hopefully the update will drop soon!
    edited January 2021
    FYI- just in case. Issue also appears when henchmen are wearing cloaks.

EDIT: I can’t take the cloaks off the henchmen in the original so right now there is no work around if you want to use one of the henchmen that wears a cloak. (Lianu in this case)
    @JuliusBorisov I take it the attack bonus miscalculation bug is still present, sir? Also, have you been able to repro what @rasone77 mentioned with cloak-wearing henchmen like Linu? Thank you for reading, and happy (healthy) gaming to all.
    @Prince_Raymond

As we've already replied: your bug report is logged in, thanks for it. It won't be forgotten but we can't provide any timeline because we have a lot of work on NWN (and numerous platforms). This topic was about traps not highlighted.
    @JuliusBorisov

Yes, sir, I understand. Let me rephrase the question to better echo what @rasone77 mentioned earlier. Has the Development team been able to repro and resolve the traps highlighting issue when joined with a cloak-wearing henchman like Linu? Thank you for reading, and happy (healthy) gaming to all.
    We couldn't repro the issue in the next internal build.
    edited February 2021
    Update: The issue of traps not highlighting is also present when a henchman wears a robe. In this case Grimnaw at level 9. I’m basically limited to Red Tiger fighter if I want to play this game as a rogue on iPad.

I bug tested this in teh Creator ruins on the negative energy trap at the bridge in level 1.. My search bonus at level 9 rougue/1shadowdancer is 18 with all equipment and bonuses. The trap always appears when I remove the henchman wearing a cloak or robe from the party, when I am alone without a cloak or robe and when I bring in a henchmen without a robe or a cloak.
    @rasone77 From what Mr. Borisov has stated, either the issue has been fixed and will no longer occur after the release of the next build, or you all should be on the lookout for another occurrence of this issue after the release of the next build.

Meanwhile, I must contemplate why I feel like Susan Lucci during her winless streak at the foxtrotting Emmy Awards. Thank you for reading, and happy (healthy) gaming to all.
    edited February 2021
    @Prince_Raymond and @JuliusBorisov

I totally get that and I will wait for the next updates. I was trying to point out that it also affects robes in case it was a separate issue from the cloaks. It’s probably not but it’s best to tell them now so that I don’t have to wait for 2 updates if it’s not. Eventually my Dex bonus is going to require a move away from leather armor and I’d like to use a robe for whatever bonuses it gives. I already can’t use a cloak or any henchmen that wear cloaks don’t want to have the same issue with robes after the next update.

edited February 2021
    @rasone77 Just to clarify, Grimgnaw is already wearing a robe when you meet him inside the Trade of Blades. He progresses from Robes of the Shining Hand (+1, +2, +3) to Robes of the Old Order/Improved Robes of the Old Order, then finally wears Robes of the Dark Moon towards the endgame. These are robes with the "Monk Only" class restriction. Robes of the Dark Moon grant Haste upon the wearer. If you feel you can squeeze a level of monk in your build, those robes would be a good option for you when you eventually transition from leather. Thank you for reading, and happy (healthy) gaming to all.
    edited February 2021
    @Prince_Raymond I picked up the Robes of the Dark Moon at the Temple of Tyr in Lusaka actually- My rogue is a UMD build with two weapon fighting, Assassin and Shadowdancer for HIPS. He’s a beast with an AC of 33 and wrecks because he’s also wearing Druid boots that grant a +2 dodge and +2 Con. I have not had any trouble using any scroll, wand or magic item in the game so far at level 13.

This build is OP, if I could turn undead it’d be pure solo, I have to bring Lianu along still. I probably could solo this with no henchmen but undead really are a pain in teh butt and they are so prevalent in the main campaign.
    Post edited by rasone77 on
    I haven’t played much without the cloak wearing henchmen. I think I should test to see if it’s a robe issue in the next chapter.