Skip to content

Eminence - From the Creators of Haze and Daggerford

Intro

You've been sentenced to spend the rest of your years as a member of the colony of Eminence. Think you’re innocent? Guilty? No one really cares. After a taxing voyage across the Sea of Swords you’ve arrived at your new island home. There's a buzz about the discovery and mining of the rare element, "vividium," nearby. The next chapter in your life’s story has begun.

Eminence is a roleplay-only, persistent world. Brought to you by the team behind Daggerford and Haze, Eminence uses mechanics such as permadeath to ensure story-centric, authentic roleplay. The server’s unique “eminence” system awards strong roleplay with in-game and in-character reward.

b9tv4kd4arzv.png

Background

For the past ~17 years a group of us have been "homeless" as the survival, permadeath NWN PW server Haze shutdown. In its prime, Haze exceeded player limits on the server, with some folks averaging ~8 hrs of gameplay per day(!), and was the place to go for a strict RP experience.

A few years ago, one member started a Facebook group of Haze alums. Screenshots and memories were fondly shared, and then finally someone put together this video highlighting the server's one-of-a-kind approach to roleplay.

"Wait a minute, we can give this another go, right?" was the collective realization.

Description

Eminence is a low-level, survival experience. What does this mean?

Your character will start at level 2. A "legendary" character would be someone around level ~7.
"Magical" armor/weapons will be few and far between. You should not plan on finding/looting a "+5 Holy Avenger" greatsword or such things.

If you die, you die. It's over for that character (more on this later).

We take this approach because in Eminence because storytelling is the number one priority. It wouldn't really "feel" right for some high level characters with phat lewt being "stuck" in this penal colony, would it?

Just as a character has XP, players will have "eminence." Eminence is a RP reward system that will allow players to unlock in-game rewards, storylines, and "locked" characters. For instance, want to play as the port's harbormaster? Accruing eminence will allow a player to unlock such an experiences.

Eminence carries on between characters and is not lost after character death.

Conclusion
In the coming weeks, there will be a "prelude chapter," effectively a beta. This is expected to last 1-2 weeks. Upon conclusion, there will be an in-game event causing everyone to die. Sorry! You'll still want to join in order to accrue eminence and shape the opening chapter of the server.

Interested in joining the revolution in roleplay? Join our Discord! We're especially interested in any (serious) builders or coders joining our team. But most of all we need you, players!

pdhm4i78w84v.png
ArviaMurray23

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @jwithing your post was caught by the forum's automated spam filter. I have restored it and verified you so that this should not happen again.
    JuliusBorisovArviaMurray23
  • Murray23Murray23 Member Posts: 1
    Had the absolute joy to be play testing this. Its been over a decade since Haze and its spin offs, so can't say how excited I am to see the team back with a new chapter, bringing the hardcore low magic roleplay so many of us crave for!
  • diggumsdiggums Member Posts: 1
    So excited I loves haze. Still dream of that world! Will be joining!
  • jwithingjwithing Member Posts: 2
    And we've launched beta! Climbed to #7 on the NWN server list, despite having a password! Come join us today!

As one of our players said, "I've logged over 4,000 hours of NWN and have never had this much fun."
    slhd6lfwzfet.png