Skip to content

Help with mods! Nothing's working.

egonegon Member Posts: 94
Greetings all!

I have recently return to the world of Baldur's Gate and having played through BGEE and SoD it was time to take on BG2 and ToB. I wanted to add something more this time so I looked through the list of BG2EE compatible mods and I chose a handful and on top of that some tweaks and fixes. The Tweaks anthology seems to be working fine but none of the quest mods seems to be working properly. Every new NPC and map marker just comes out as "INVALID:numbers" with some random numbers.

Can anyone help me with what is wrong? I followed the installation order prescribed in the "compatible mods" thread but that didn't help. I'm playing beamdogs BG2EE version 2.5.16.6 from 2018 the tweaks seem to be working fine. Here's the list of mods I have in the order I installed them:

Tales of the Deep Garden
I Shall Never Forget
The White Queen
Tower of Deception
Test Your Mettle
Unfinished Business
Almateria's Restoration Project
Gibberlings Three Anniversary Mod
BG2EE Tweaks Anthology

Can anyone help me, please? I am a Minsc when it comes to modding and stuff. :P

Comments

• EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    edited February 2021
    Are you using EET (Enhanced Edition Trilogy)?

Also, ask on the Gibberlings3 Forum. Someone there will likely help.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    If everything but text is working in BG2EE, it's possibly an installation language issue.

You can open Weidu.conf in a text editor to see what language it's using, if it's not "en_US", you'll need to uninstall all mods, delete Weidu.conf, then re-install the mods. The very first prompt Weidu will give you is to select a language.
  • egonegon Member Posts: 94
    Endarire wrote: »
    Are you using EET (Enhanced Edition Trilogy)?

Also, ask on the Gibberlings3 Forum. Someone there will likely help.

Not using EET but if that might help I can try it. Can you start EET from BG2 or do you need to do a complete re-run of the game if I install EET?
    kjeron wrote: »
    If everything but text is working in BG2EE, it's possibly an installation language issue.

You can open Weidu.conf in a text editor to see what language it's using, if it's not "en_US", you'll need to uninstall all mods, delete Weidu.conf, then re-install the mods. The very first prompt Weidu will give you is to select a language.

Thanks! The conf-file says de_de (I'm assuming German, which is weird since I've always chosen English) so I'll just try that.

Thanks for the help everyone!

• egonegon Member Posts: 94
    Just wanted to let everyone know thta the language seems to have been the problem. Fixing that took care of everything. Thank you for the help.