Skip to content

Siege of Dragonspear DLC Mac

lsrwlsrw Member Posts: 10
Hi,

I have just completed BG:EE (have been playing on and off since the original Baldur's Gate in the 90s/00s and never completed until now so super psyched for that) and want to try out the Siege of Dragonspear expansion/DLC.

My question is basically which version do I need and how to I purchase it? Is it an in-app purchase? I bought my copy of BG:EE from the Mac App Store - do I need to purchase Siege of Dragonspear from there too or will a version from Steam or the Beamdog website work with my App Store copy of BG:EE? Will I be able to carry across my character from the main BG:EE campaign?

Thanks,

Luke

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,743
    Hi there! SoD for computer/Mac can only be purchased from the same store you purchased BG:EE from as it's an expansion. You can also buy SoD as a separate app on the App Store (for your iOS device) or Google Play (for your Android device).

SoD is not available on the Mac App Store, but don't worry— please open a ticket at https://beamdog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals so that we could provide you with an alternate solution.
  • lsrwlsrw Member Posts: 10
    edited February 2021
    Many thanks for the info, Julius :)

Luke
  • CoachTomCoachTom Member Posts: 1
    Hi there! SoD for computer/Mac can only be purchased from the same store you purchased BG:EE from as it's an expansion. You can also buy SoD as a separate app on the App Store (for your iOS device) or Google Play (for your Android device).

SoD is not available on the Mac App Store, but don't worry— please open a ticket at https://beamdog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals so that we could provide you with an alternate solution.

Sorry for thread necromancy - I just got here via Google

I'm in the exact same situation. When I try to use the above link it says "We couldn't give you access. Use another email and try again." though

Is there a workaround here? Loved BGEE and I'm really looking forward to BG2, just want to get SOD done first
    Thanks!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,743
    Send me a PM with a confirmation of your Mac Store purchase.
  • Heime_GutHeime_Gut Member Posts: 1
    Hi Julius,

I tried sending you a PM just now stating the same issue as friends in this thread before. My PM failed when I sent it for some reason. Returned a "Page Not Found" message. Any chance I can please ask you to check if the proposed solution you mention is available to others (like me)? I have the game BG:EE purchased in Mac App Store, but not quite certain how to provide confirmation.
    Henrik