Skip to content

Speculation: Beamdog is making another IE game/campaign

13»

Comments

• YigorYigor Member Posts: 536
    Khyron wrote: »
    There are many rpg's out there now that run on engines that look and feel much inferior to IE, yet gain traction in the market and gets a decent amount of sales/downloads with in-app purchases.

Vampire's Fall: Origins comes to mind...

Yes, I like this game. ?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited September 2021
    lroumen wrote: »
    My concern with AAA games is that they are too long to finish playing. And then you can replay it with a different character reading again a 60+h to run through it.

That's why I always feel a little stunned about people discussing builds that will take 40+hours playing to become effective, whatever the game is. People discuss this as if they can devote hundreds of hours to a game with no problem. I really need one of their time dilation devices :)
    Post edited by mlnevese on
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    mlnevese wrote: »
    lroumen wrote: »
    My concern with AAA games is that they are too long to finish playing. And then you can replay it with a different character reading again a 60+h to run through it.

That's why I always feel a little stunned about people discussing builds that will take 40+hrs of game to become effective, whatever the game is. People discuss this as if they can devote hundreds of hours to a game with no problem. I really need one of their time dilation devices :)

Lets be honest here, most of us would probably use it to sleep.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    The advantage to the infinity engine is that it works on everything. Tablets, Macs, PCs, etc., and it's still a great engine for creating role playing games. E-books haven't really added that much to the reading experience, but it does make it possible to have a nearly unlimited number of books all the time.

Similarly, being able to play a solid, deep, and engaging RPG on a tablet would allow for a lot of stories to be told (and played) without a huge amount of resources.

I have been astounded at how the modding community has breathed new life into these games, and I can only imagine what a commercial effort might produce. If you really like role playing, I still feel like this is a good option.
  • HafirHafir Member Posts: 97
    Maybe Beamdog will give permissions to use IE to different developers for create new IE game or maybe some modding group will gather and work for new project this time with official publishing, hopefully its not end new IE games in FR settings