Skip to content

iOS Modding

Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 331
Just a quick question.I’ve played and modded on Android before. Is there any way to mod on iPhone without PC? I don’t even see an override folder...Playing IWD:EE

Comments

• StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,356
    edited March 2021
    Hi @Allanon81

it is possible - some way or the other. The way I see it, it seems a bit harder to mod the iOS versions than the Android versions.

You do need some sort of device to download the app, and mod it from there. See this thread: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/66644/how-to-install-mods-on-ios-devices-no-jailbreak
    Btw. As of the 2.5 patch IWD:EE is sadly not “modable”.

In comparison the NWN:EE is fully moddable and the above methods are not even needed. So we hope that the 2.6 versions will be as open as the NWN:EE versions, and not at all like the IWD:EE 2.6 patch.

Post edited by StummvonBordwehr on
  • Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 331
    Hello @StummvonBordwehr Wow, this is very disappointing with regards to IWD:EE 2.5. Is 2.6 expected to remain the same way. The best part about these games is adding more content imo? I hope @JuliusBorisov can chime in on this. Is there any way I can manipulate the (I assume) IPA file on my phone through iTunes, Dropbox, etc?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    We'll get to mobile testing when the 2.6 patch is released on PC.
  • Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 331
    @JuliusBorisov I’ll cross my fingers ?