Skip to content

Make ranged weapons benefit from two-handed style

Is there a mod to make bows, crossbows etc. benefit from two-handed weapon style? I tried finding some files in NI but I could only find files to modify number of peeps for classes or change crit and such. Otherwise does anybody know how to do that in NI?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i did find a way but, its not really working the way you want it to...

so what you can do is change the damage property of bows and xbows to "melee" instead of "launcher" which now makes it so if you have 2 handed weapon style, those bonuses will apply

but

you cannot use any ammuntion since im assuming the game will only use ammunition on weapons with a "launcher" property ( aka, if you put ammuntion into the bow or xbow, you lose the two handed weapon bonuses )

also the damage dealt is whatever is inputted in your "launcher" page which is usually 1d6

plus, there is no projectile or bow/xbow use animation since the game thinks you are using a melee weapon now instead of a ranged weapon

so you can experiment with this if you wish to see if you can work around that mess

or you could try changing the proficiency type to two handed sword or halberds or spears or something like that, its a bit goofy, but it might get the job done better
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    It cannot be done. Only Melee weapons use Weapon Styles.
    "Ranged" is effectively it's own hidden weapon style.
    You can simulate the effects with conditional equipped effects, but that's about it.
  • BeroestheenvoyBeroestheenvoy Member Posts: 2
    kjeron wrote: »
    Only Melee weapons use Weapon Styles.
    So it means it must be implemented somehow, I just dont know which files are responsible for that. Maybe if I fount them I could work with them.