Skip to content

NWN:EE on Android (Mouse issues)

Ping14Ping14 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2021 in Technical Support
Hi, Im currently playing the game on Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 (SM-T835)
OneUI 2.1
Android 10 (Most recent update)

Previously, before this year's update I can use my bluetooth mouse without any issues (Use it the same as I would in PC).
With the recent update, I think something broke. I can still use my mouse in clicking tooltips, highlighting characters, interacting with the options and hotbars. However, when clicking on the environment, there is no response. I can double click and drag which changes the camera zoom and angle. But when I click on the ground, character does not respond. Clicking the touchscreen works fine, it gives the feedback and animation that I indeed clicked on the ground, mouse on the otherhand is a no go.

Again this happened after this year's update (January 2021 I think). Before it is working properly. On other games (Icewind Dale, BG I and II, and Planescape Torment), mouse works just fine. I have already submitted a ticket, just posting here to see if I can get a quicker reply or see if others are also experiencing this.

Update: I opted for Beta on google play, it still does not resolve the problem. The mouse cursor looks better tho, but still could not interact with anything on the environment. Only the GUI, map, inventory, etc.

Another Update: Just tried exiting DeX mode on my tablet, mouse works great with the Beta version of the game. Previously on the non beta version of the game, the issue persists even outside DeX mode (Tablet mode)
Post edited by Ping14 on

Comments

• denox74denox74 Member Posts: 1
    Go to android/data/com.beamdog.nwnandroid/files/user/settings.sml and put this in control
    [controls]
    [controls.cursor]
    enabled = true
    And play outside DeX
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Our next beta on Android will solve the problem @Ping14 experienced.
  • VengeanceBringerVengeanceBringer Member Posts: 9
    denox74 wrote: »
    Go to android/data/com.beamdog.nwnandroid/files/user/settings.sml and put this in control
    [controls]
    [controls.cursor]
    enabled = true
    And play outside DeX

Would love to do this but the Android 11 update has made it nearly impossible to access the data folder on my device. Are there plans to implement a solution to this in an official patch anytime soon? I am currently able to directly plug in a mouse (via USB-c to USB adapter) but I am having trouble with my bluetooth mouth being able to click on the environment (able to click on menu and UI elements).
  • pwenpwen Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2023
    Sorry! Realized there was a file filter on
    The lines were already there but false instead of true, so I changed it to true but it did not solve the issue...?
    Probably obviously I'm having the same issue as original poster.