Skip to content

A MOD request for Siege of Dragonspear

Davidws10Davidws10 Member Posts: 13
Is there a MOD that makes Skie Silvershield a recruitable NPC for SoD? Or, is there another Thief NPC who is recruitable for SoD? I truly detest Safana and would rather kill her than to look at her. I've been force recruiting (Ctrl+Q) an NPC and using EE Keeper to transform them into a thief just so I don't have to recruit Safana.

Comments

• Very_BigSwordVery_BigSword Member Posts: 222
    Skie and Imoen are written as story line critical in SoD so no options for them.

You can bring any thief from BG1 final save through the first dungeon, except Imoen. For the next short chapter in BG city it is only Safana available or a modded thief NPC e.g. Shar Teel for SoD dual classed or Aura for example (as long as the mod NPC is written to be recruitable that early). After leaving BG you will be able to recruit Glint instead of Safana.

Maybe Ctrl-Q Tiax from the Flaming Fist HQ and Ctrl-J him out of the cell to get a "short"-term substitute for Glint, if you really need a thief for that chapter. Covers your cleric needs as well which is convenient.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    edited March 2021
    yeah imoen and skie are to tied into the main plot to just up and join you as they are doing other things.

your best bet is to just get another modded npc like Aura and Vienxay

and glint is also a thief so you don't need to use safana.
  • Adam_en_tiumAdam_en_tium Member Posts: 99
    Hello,

I'm currently playing SoD with Imoen in my team thanks to Jastey's Imoen forever mod.
    It's awesome to be able to have Imoen back. It felt natural the way the mod handled Imoen leaving her magical studies to help charname.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/76098/mod-imoen-4-ever-experience-the-bg-saga-with-imoen-and-the-beginning-of-soa-without-pressure

++
    Adam
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 879
    This mod lets you change Viconia to a cleric/assassin (or other cleric/thief):
    https://downloads.weaselmods.net/download/viconia-revamped/
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 879
    Endarire wrote: »

Alas, that's a BG2-only mod. It doesn't let you include Skie in your party in SoD.
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,061
    I don't know, I don't feel Skie is very critical except for the end, I think with a bit of cleverness you can keep her story beats and weave her in as an NPC that joins and leaves and rejoins during certain parts of the story.

Unfortunately, I don't have time for more mod commits, still need to make progress on the ones I committed myself to.