Skip to content

Crashes when choosing a fat shape

FelipefplFelipefpl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 124
edited March 2021 in Troubleshooting
When creating a character if you keep clicking once or more to change the shape of your character the game crashes. 3 crash logs are attached. Win7 x64 here.

I know about jira but i wanted to post here since here i can get replys about what was happening.

Btw, it would be GREAT if beamdog quit jira for github since it could get the help of modders through pull requests, something that would speed up A LOT the bug fixing. A good idea dont you think? ;)

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Can you please elaborate: which build are you using (stable or development) and provide a repro case?
  • FelipefplFelipefpl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 124
    edited March 2021
    i'm using the last stable build from GOG, repro case? If that means how to reproduce the bug it's like i stated above, if you keep clicking the change the shape of the body in the character creation screen the game crashes.

I uploaded 3 crash logs because who knows if the cause of the crashes are different... ;)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Can you please post your DxDiag file or just state your PC specs in detail?
    Win7 x64, Core i7 1.8 Ghz, Intel HD 2000, 4 GB RAM (Just to report: i dont have these problems with classic edition)
    edited March 2021
    I think we've figured out the reason of all your problems with NWN:EE (which you've been posting about in different threads).

Intel Celeron Processor G460 belongs to the 2nd Generation Intel Processors. Those old processors are not fully OpenGL compliant.

These are our minimum specs for NWN:EE
    59039xsyt3l1.png

So your device doesn't follow these requirements. Please note the 3rd generation mentioned here exactly.

The crashes you've described in this thread are happening because when you're in the head choosing screen you see the first 3D "scene" in the game. These scenes require OpenGL 3.3.

Original NWN has older OpenGL requirements which your device would run comfortably.

We would recommend upgrading your old system (it's really old by today's standards, BIOS Date: 05/13/13), or at least purchase a new video card, eg. GT730 at least.
    Julius - ok, thanks for the explanation.