Skip to content

NWN: EE won't launch anymore

I've litterally played this game for more than 80 hrs so far. Yesterday, out of the blue, GoG Galaxy decided that it won't run the game anynore. No explanation given. I click on the Start button and nothing happens. If I try to start the game directly from the exe in the game folder... nothing happens. How is this even possible? Nothing has changed since yesterday and now I can't play the game anymore just because?
I've tried to reinstall the game, I've tried the Verify/Repair, I've tried to download the OpenAL... nothing works.
This is so frustrating...
I paid with real money for this game and I shouldn't have to deal with this bs. It should just work !
If anyone has any suggestion I would be very grateful.
Many thanks

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited March 2021
    @Camera9 Is your antivirus preventing the game from writing to the Documents folder? Perhaps try to create an exception for NWN in your antivirus software. This has been often the cause for me when something wouldn't start, or made the game crash when saving.
  • Camera9Camera9 Member Posts: 3
    Already done. Didn't change anything unfortunately. Also doesn't explain why everything suddenly stopped working
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    You can contact our support here - https://beamdog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals

There hasn't been any patch or change released to NWN:EE on the GOG Galaxy Client, so it's most likely a software update on your system that changed it for you.

Also, please make sure you're running a clean install of NWN:EE without any files in Documents - Neverwinter Nights - override. Maybe you installed some mod?