Skip to content

Weird level 4 "weapon" spells in Contingency spell list?

What are these? I couldn't find any info on the wiki or forums. (The search function here isn't very nice to be honest.)

gbbezidus57d.png

There's short word, mace, axe, and long sword in the list. I certainly don't have any spells like these memorized and as you see they lack a description. I only use SCS and a few components of Tweaks and don't remember such a thing being mentioned in the description of any of the components I installed.

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    That will be enchant weapon, which allows you to create a weapon of your choice. I think SCS separates the individual choices in order to allow the spell to be put into a sequencer (the same thing is done with different varieties of spell immunity).
    TaylanAerakarJuliusBorisov
  • TaylanTaylan Member Posts: 76
    Grond0 wrote: »
    That will be enchant weapon, which allows you to create a weapon of your choice. I think SCS separates the individual choices in order to allow the spell to be put into a sequencer (the same thing is done with different varieties of spell immunity).

Ah, that makes sense, though it means that this is a bug in BG2EE because the mechanism of Enchant Weapon is changed. You don't get a magical weapon but rather any weapon you use becomes +3. (You can even switch weapons while under this effect. It's an effect on the creature, not the weapon, probably because it was easier to implement this way.)

Is there a bug tracker for the EE games where you can report things (if they haven't been already)?
  • GalactygonGalactygon Member, Developer Posts: 412
    Can reproduce, thanks for the report. Looks like the engine looks for an identical resname.2da rather than instances the .2da is called (via opcode 214). Will file internally.
    TaylanAerakarJuliusBorisov