Skip to content

[HELP] BG1 animations restoration - Issues in SoD

AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
edited April 2021 in General Modding
Hello.

I've just gone through Siege of Dragonspear using my mod to restore character sprites from BG1 and I've encountered two issues I'm not sure how to address.

Here's a download link for the mod component in question—note that if you choose the option to patch your saved games too, they'll never work again without this mod (or they will, but everybody will look like Sarevok.) Either start a fresh game, or remove all but one of your saves before patching, so the rest remain serviceable.

My issues:
  • While both Khalid and Jaheira correctly have their sprite changed to the BG one in the initial dungeon, when you encounter them again in Coast Way Crossing (Jaheira) and Bridgefort (Khalid), they both have their BGII sprite on. I checked Near Infinity and I could not find any CRE files for them that would still be set to use a BGII sprite. How can I make them use the BG sprite in all cases?
  • Both Kahlid and Jaheira are wielding shields when you encounter them, and both suffer from a graphical glitch while in their BGII sprite: When facing east, they fail to assume their combat stance and appear as lying on the ground instead, with only their weapon, shield, and helmet staying in the combat stance. This can be easily tested by making them fact east, then talking to them; they'll assume the combat stance while waiting for your character to catch up to them to initiate a conversation.

Appreciate any help in ironing these out.

Comments

• kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    The first is likely their animation being reset by "BDRESURR.SPL", cast by a couple of SoD scripts.
    Among it's effects, if you alter parameter2 of the op32 (Raise dead), from one to zero, it will stop doing that, if it is the cause.