Skip to content

Mobile Updates for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
Fresh updates for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition are coming to the Google Play Store and the App Store!

We’ve squashed the Android Multiplayer CD Key bug, added initial keyboard support, improved performance, and more…

Check out the patch notes below!

ANDROID PATCH NOTES
FEATURES
  • Mouse & Keyboard Support | Connect your keyboard for use with chat, shortcuts & saves
  • Pathfinding Improvements | Smoother party movement and navigation
  • Cursor Context | Cursor now correctly changes its icon based on what it’s pointing at
  • New Water Visuals | Water appears more realistic with a new “water rendering” feature (enable via options)
  • New Grass Visuals | Tall grass appears more realistic with a new “tall grass rendering” feature (enable via options)
  • New Lighting Engine | Upgrades to lighting provides more realistic lighting, shadows, and textures (enable via options. ***Warning: lighting engine can slow down the game on some devices)
  • Reduced Install Size | Reduced the amount of data needed to install the game
FIXES
  • Multiplayer | Fixed the CD Key Error for multiplayer
  • Area Transitions | Highlights now appear as expected for area transitions
  • Save & Chat Panels | Shifted panels to allow enough space for keyboard on mobile devices
  • Skip Cut Scenes | A long-press will now skip cutscenes
  • Music | Main menu music now plays as expected when players skip into videos
  • Chrome Keyboard | Improvements to ChromeOS keyboard function
  • Visual Performance | Fixed visual performance issue (related to particle rendering)
IOS PATCH NOTES
FEATURES
  • Keyboard Support | Connect your keyboard for use with chat, shortcuts & saves
  • Pathfinding Improvements | Smoother party movement and navigation
  • Cursor Context | Cursor now correctly changes its icon based on what it’s pointing at
  • New Water Visuals | Water appears more realistic with a new “water rendering” feature (enable via options)
  • New Grass Visuals | Tall grass appears more realistic with a new “tall grass rendering” feature (enable via options)
  • New Lighting Engine | Upgrades to lighting provides more realistic lighting, shadows, and textures (enable via options. ***Warning: lighting engine can slow down the game on some devices)
  • Reduced Install Size | Reduced the amount of data needed to install the game
FIXES
  • Area Transitions | Highlights now appear as expected for area transitions
  • Save & Chat Panels | Shifted panels to allow enough space for keyboard on mobile devices
  • Chat Log | Quickbar no longer overlaps with the chat log on mobile devices
  • Skip Cut Scenes | A long-press will now skip cutscenes
  • Music | Main menu music now plays as expected when players skip into videos
  • Visual Performance | Fixed visual performance issue (related to particle rendering)

Comments

• Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 331
    When can we expect an update to mobile considering PC is at 8193.26?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    It's in the works.
  • AlfieFreshAlfieFresh Member Posts: 2
    I'm on ios, when I want to play multi-player I get the message "attempting to recover your multi-player CD key" it seems that I didn't got a CD when purchasing nwn ee on the apple store.. What should I do?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    AlfieFresh wrote: »
    I'm on ios, when I want to play multi-player I get the message "attempting to recover your multi-player CD key" it seems that I didn't got a CD when purchasing nwn ee on the apple store.. What should I do?

You probably have Game Center turned off. Please turn it on and log into Game Center. Then restart the game.

P.S. We're still working on the next update for NWN:EE for iOS. The beta is already available on Android.