Skip to content

Win64 debug files

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
Hello friends!

Fulfilling the modding community's request, we're sharing Win64 debug files for Icewind Dale & Baldur's Gate I & II Enhanced Editions.

There won't be Mac or Linux versions, mainly because the stripping and debug systems there work very differently if compared to Windows.

http://client.beamdog.com/ie_debug/IE_2.6.6.0_Win64_debug.zip

We look forward to new mods you will be able to create using these files.
BubbsuyfearlessDoubledimashook71Gusindaswit

Comments

• BubbBubb Member Posts: 999
    Thank you, (and I like, can't say that enough), to everyone involved in releasing these files! EEex was always made possible in large part because of these debug files, and now that they're back, a proper, (and highly improved), v2.6-compatible EEex is in development. Work so far has been a bit painful without the symbols, but these files change that. :)
    JuliusBorisovDoubledimashook71Satrhan
  • suysuy Member Posts: 30
    Thank you very much! I've been working a bit into packaging my small engine-side tweaks to make them public in case others want them. I'll try to get a release soon now that 2.6.6 support can be added on Windows. :)
    JuliusBorisovStonebear
  • Magus_BGforgeMagus_BGforge Member Posts: 25
    Cool. How about classic, non-EE pdb files? For Tobex and stuff.
    @JuliusBorisov still waiting for your response.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    We never found them, sorry.
    Isn't it possible to just make new ones?
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    edited February 2023
    It doesn't worth it. That would need the whole environment from 2001 (asssuming the source code of how it was in 2001 is still kept) and I don't see what would the gain be for Beamdog for that. I thought you're better than this, this level of lack of understanding and logic combined with nagging is Endarire's.
    It doesn't worth it. That would need the whole environment from 2001 (asssuming the source code of how it was in 2001 is still kept) and I don't see what would the gain be for Beamdog for that. I thought you're better than this, this level of lack of understanding and logic combined with nagging is Endarire's.

Whatever you're on about? Logic of what? There's no argument in this thread, it's a request.

If the request cannot or will not be fulfilled, then I expect a sincere, honest answer why. Taking your examples, it's very easy to say:
    - "We can't do that, because we lost the source code".
    - Or "We won't do that, because we have nothing to gain from it".

If this standard is too high for you, I'm sorry. For me it's a very bare minimum to which I hold any post on any forum. I see nothing wrong with that and will continue to do so.

If you like to presume, that's your right. I don't, and that's my right.

So, anyway, @JuliusBorisov, what do you say about the request?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    It's always about priorities and resources. We're focused on our new IP, MythForce, but also want to continue supporting these legacy titles. However, the support means actions like finally releasing the 2.6 patch on iOS, and updating the Android version so that new OSs don't introduce challenges for players in terms of importing and accessing save files. A request so technical and additional to what the main work should be is unlikely to be fulfilled. But never say never, there is also that.
    Understood, thanks.