Skip to content

Aeilund Saga - crash upon entering Cairnwood forest in Act III

RhokarRhokar Member Posts: 17
In Act III, the area of Cairnwood forest loads, but then within a few seconds crashes to black screen. Multiple different save files, same result. This is with the latest patch (8193.23) Mac OS 10.15.7

Comments

• RhokarRhokar Member Posts: 17
    Found this in the error log: Names Differ: Sky_001 WSkyn_001

So I unsubscribed to two previously subscribed workshop mods:
    - Real Skies Lite
    - Neverwinter Nights Facelift by Zwerkules

Neither made any difference.
    For what it's worth to anyone else who's had this problem, I found a workaround. Just for this one area, I turned the graphics setting to "low", and it works. For every other area in the game thus far, it runs fine on high (complete with Zerkules Facelift enabled.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    FYI, for the future: Please ask provide the .dmp file the game generates. The popup on the crash should show which one it is.
    Also, we would really appreciate a savegame and repro steps.
    Noted for future reference, but in this particular case, the crash was just the screen going black, and I would then have to use the task manager to force quit. No popup showed. And in one case I couldn't even get the task manager to come up and had to hard-reboot the computer.

But will look for such in the future if there is one. And try to keep a save file as well. Thanks!