Skip to content

Saved Games

ericdoman1ericdoman1 Member Posts: 11
I just opened NWN EE and went to saved games but nothing is there. I had saved a few games from yesterday and way back but there is nothing. When I go to my "saves" folder it includes saved games but 25th May was the last one. Where have they gone and how can I retrieve them

Comments

• ForSeriousForSerious Member Posts: 446
    Steam version?
    Nothing comes to mind.
  • ericdoman1ericdoman1 Member Posts: 11
    Bought from Beamdog
    I guess I should have asked more. Is this on Windows?
    I'm using the steam version, so there are some differences in where things are installed. Someone who is not using steam should have a little more insight.
    Thanks for reply. Yes Windows 10 but doesn't Beamdog use Steam's server. I have asked Beamdog's tech guys but they never (so far) have yet given me a reply and or an answer. I haven't updated as I read if you do so you lose all mods and saved games, unless you have saved them elsewhere. I asked the tech guys for help on this as I am not sure where I need to save them and still no reply. We are talking weeks and months now.
    I'm pretty confident that your saves should be in C:\Users\[Your user]\Documents\Neverwinter Nights\saves.
    You should be fine if you copy that folder and the override folder and save them somewhere safe. I've only ever had saves not work after using a development build of the game. I've never had a problem with official updates.
    For fun, I just took a save from normal NWN and put it in my saves folder. It loaded fine in NWN EE.
    Thanks for reply. Nope not saved there. It now becomes a bit weird. I was replying when this site just closed down. I was typing that the saved games go to This PC > Documents > Neverwinter Nights.0 > saves (I did not create Neverwinter Nights.0, it simply appeared). As I was typing I went into load games I only have about 7 or 8, even though in the saves folder there are probably 50+?), loaded up a game and saved it once more. Then when I went back into load games, it was blank nothing there. So I saved a game and then found it in This PC > Documents > Neverwinter Nights > saves. The saved game has now made an appearnace in the Neverwinter Nights.0 saves??? Just saved a game again and only appears in Neverwinter Nights > saves. Nothing in Neverwinter Nights.0 saves?
    Agreed. That is really weird.
    What happens if you put half of the saved games into a backup folder? (Make is so there are like ~25 or less saved games in Neverwinter Nights > saves)
    Do you just have too many saved games for the game to handle?

The other thing I would try, is to open the game, then copy the game you want to load into Neverwinter Nights.0 > saves. That's very tedious, but I wonder if it works.

Even though I've been playing NWN since like 2006, I only have about 10 saves. I usually delete all the saves from a play through once I complete a campaign, or just reuse them on the next one.
    Thanks again for reply. Yep did that and then updated. Everything was blank and moved files etc back into original folders. I have 7 saved games in the game that I can load but 25 saved games in the save folder. Tried the copy idea but only copied those games already save in the game itself?
    And yes I started playing NWN about the same time as you. I was trying to find the old nwn vault, just for me to see approx when I started. My first independent module I played was Dreamcatcher. I still have all of the old discs but I could not load them on my newer laptops, serial number not good or similar. My ancient pc has the old version installed but I haven't been able to fix it. All time faves, prob the obvious ones. The Aielund Saga, TH 1, TH2, Swordflight, Bloodright the Blood Royal. I only play Hardcore now:)
    Do all of the save files have the same file extension?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    I do not have ransomware and my antivirrus firewall is off?. Yes to file extensions and now it is being saved in Neverwinter Nights.0. There are now no saved games on the game itself?