Skip to content

[Released] Black Hearts - BG1

Comments

• JamesStAnthonyJamesStAnthony Member Posts: 8
    Just wanted to ask if it'd be safe/there were any issues in uninstalling & reinstalling the mod mid playthough (it's last in my load order) - currently playing on the initial release version but figured it might be worth updating if possible!
  • JamesStAnthonyJamesStAnthony Member Posts: 8
    Also fraid I'm struggling to find the mercenaries north of Beregost - have combed the Coast Way, but wondering if I've hit a bug and they're not spawning?
  • DuronDuron Member Posts: 134
    Mercs are in a hidden cave, entrance virtually in the trees to the north east corner of the area between friendly arms inn and beregost
  • VidturkeVidturke Member Posts: 6
    Also fraid I'm struggling to find the mercenaries north of Beregost - have combed the Coast Way, but wondering if I've hit a bug and they're not spawning?

I have the same problem. In the map i can see the Mark of the hidden cave but i can't enter
  • zelazkozelazko Member Posts: 75
    For anyone wondering I recommend to install this mod after Ascension. That way you will get Blackhearts dialogue when you fight Illasera in starting of ToB and her tactical challenge from Ascension remains unchanged - at least I can't tell any difference. Illasera behaved like Ascension Illasera shooting you with bow that knocks you down. Her minions also behave like Ascension makes them to act.
    gkitwrdzy6xi.png
    c261l5faz80w.png

I really cannot help you more about where the merc cave is. Entrance is between the two trees just above my char in screenshot 1, not the mountain itself. Hope that solves your problem with the cave.
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 501
    Vidturke wrote: »

I have the same problem. In the map i can see the Mark of the hidden cave but i can't enter
    Did you install this mod in the middle of a playthrough ?
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    edited April 2023
    It could be a legit bug, @Trouveur, because in the EET version, the exit is referred as Exit1900 in WI0002.are but added as EXIT1900 to BG2800.ARE. I'm not sure if the comparison is case-sensitive and I wouldn't be surprised if that is the cause.
    It could be a legit bug, @Trouveur, because in the EET version, the exit is referred as Exit1900 in WI0002.are but added as EXIT1900 to BG2800.ARE. I'm not sure if the comparison is case-sensitive and I wouldn't be surprised if that is the cause.
    Thanks for the input, I didn't tried yet the EET version.
  • VidturkeVidturke Member Posts: 6
    Trouveur wrote: »
    Did you install this mod in the middle of a playthrough ?

Yes, just beginning the chapter 4
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    Our family eagerly awaits the release of SoD content for this mod for EET!
  • mausmaus Member Posts: 17
    My findings for the EET version:

After talking first time to Nerys we were teleported to her house but could you start the appropriate dialogue:
    Global("WINerysMet","GLOBAL") was not set from 2 to 3 (dialogue needs 3 to start, maybe it should be increased after the end of the dialogue in Eversong tavern (CHAIN WInerys ne8.21) or the dialogue is intended to start at 2?

CHAIN IF ~Global("WINerysMet","GLOBAL",3)~ THEN WInerys ne8.24
    During the fight with the spiders in the Eversong Tavern Illasera is moving her position. So when we are returning from "Nerys house" Nerys is standing not close to Illasera as intended.
    In Nerys house there is a "door" going upstairs. If you do this, you can't return. Better to remove this door from the area. The whole situation in this house might cause problems if the player is not exactly acting like expected. Maybe it might be also an idea to remove the door to BG City.
  • mausmaus Member Posts: 17
    edited April 2023
    In Area 6+7 the spawns are doubled, because the spawn blocks are doubled in the script: once with a "GLOBAL" variable and once via an "AREA" variable. Could not trace yet from which sources they originate; the area baf-scripts provide the script-block with the "AREA" variable.
    For creatures with just an one-liner this is not so much of a problem but for Cherise for example I guess the story is ruined as she should disappear after her dialogue and should not fight at the first encounter.

edit: btw the tavern is called Elfsong in the game, not Eversong. In principle one knows which one is ment, but that might be confusing.
    Post edited by maus on
    @AWizardDidIt
    How fares progress on the SoD content?

Thankee!
  • moggadeetmoggadeet Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2023
    So I wanted to start by saying that I'm really enjoying this mod, and Illasera's irascible charms have thoroughly won me over.

I've just hit the point where Nerys has been kidnapped, and having done Narlen's quests seems to make that avenue impossible (since it results in Alatos leaving). This is technically fixable with some console hackery but it was a bit annoying.

Once I got past that, in the sewers, Yondak spawned twice (resulting in his dialogue also triggering twice). Running the EET version.
    Post edited by moggadeet on
  • megrimlockmegrimlock Member Posts: 40
    Belatedly checking this thread re the merc cave map issues above, reminds me of something I noted but forgot to report - I played this on EET without problems, but there is a slight issue that Brandock the Mage NPC also has a cave in almost *exactly* the same spot. I eventually was able to enter both caves independently but it took some finagling with the cursor.
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    The first solution to that coming to my mind would be to take a page out of @LavaDelVortel 's SotSC book and photoshop a shadow/cave layer on top of the cliff at the right edge for either this mod or @jastey 's Brandock...

Sorry, not sorry for the pings. Lava, those overlay caves are great and deserve all the mentions. :P
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,703
    Hah! Thanks :)
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,673
    Brandock's was first!!!11

On a more serious note: Brandock mod was indeed available publicly earlier, and I recently made two optional component choices for another mod to account for compatibility with other mods that used the same houses / caves even though the mod I am maintaining is available for a long time now so I'm kind of spent. I'd appreciate if this incompatibility was accounted for in Black Hearts.
  • UlkeshUlkesh Member Posts: 211
    edited June 2023
    Hello, I need help. Spoiler, obviously...
    how can you free the elf Presfiel from the mirror ? I tried casting "remove curse" and healing spells on her, but nothing at all happened. Suggestions?

Edit: solved.
    For anyone wondering:
    I brought Branwen with me and the dialogue open into a new path. Tiax didn't work.
    Post edited by Ulkesh on
    edited June 2023
    I cannot find the gorge.

Top of Baldur's gate, there is no way to exit.
    Top and right of the farm with zombies there is no way out.
    Ulgoth's beard, no way out from left and top too.

Any suggestion?

Edit: found it. Would have never found it without the use of CTRL+4. For anyone wondering...
    The path is in Farmlands (AR0400) - the farm where you are tasked to kill all the zombies. The way out is top-middle, it's not everywhere north, but top middle. Use CTRL+4 so the way out gets highlighted if you don't find it
  • MapekMapek Member Posts: 42
    Hi. I cannot heal Priesfel who holds the mirrors. I used every single spell possible and she just don't react. What do I do exactly?
    edited June 2023
    Mapek wrote: »
    Hi. I cannot heal Priesfel who holds the mirrors. I used every single spell possible and she just don't react. What do I do exactly?

You're supposed to bring with you Branwen or other cleric npcs (exception: Tiax).

I think Ajantis counts too.

By having these npcs with you, a new path will be available in the dialogues.
    Post edited by Ulkesh on
    @AWizardDidIt
    Checking in.
  • trenton88trenton88 Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone. I installed a mod called Gorgon's Eye which also has a mission in the Travenhurst manor, and I chose to tackle it by killing the two guards in the front door and kinda pissed the blue guy off. I did that quest before the Black Hearts stuff, so I'm wondering whether I can proceed the questline or not, because I'm assuming that it's required to ask information to get the location and whatnot. If I can't continue then is there some sort of workaround for this, like simply teleporting to a particular area or sth?
    trenton88 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I installed a mod called Gorgon's Eye which also has a mission in the Travenhurst manor, and I chose to tackle it by killing the two guards in the front door and kinda pissed the blue guy off. I did that quest before the Black Hearts stuff, so I'm wondering whether I can proceed the questline or not, because I'm assuming that it's required to ask information to get the location and whatnot. If I can't continue then is there some sort of workaround for this, like simply teleporting to a particular area or sth?
    if you are talking about the hobgoblins raiders bounty, you need to talk to someone outside of the manor. But it's not mandatory.
    I have the two mods installed and so far encountered no incompatibility.
    @AWizardDidIt

Just checking in on progress if any (if you are doing something else NP) on the SOD part of your mod. How the old saying goes... the natives are restless :wink:

But seriously, just checking in if there is any progress on it or if you even abandoned it.
  • AWizardDidItAWizardDidIt Member Posts: 197
    Hey posting here to just let everyone know that I have in fact lost interest in modding for the time being. I went back and forth on it and tried restarting my spark to finish up the SOD stuff I'd started, but I just don't have that motivation to follow it through. My interest in Baldur's Gate kinda waxes and wanes year by year. It's possible BG3 reignites my interest in it, but for the time I am going to need to say my involvement in continuing this mod is on hold.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 880
    Sad to hear about the SOD portion -- but thanks for contributing such an excellent (fun, well-written) mod to BG1!
  • LawfulStupidLawfulStupid Member Posts: 38
    Question. When Illasera departs for the 2nd time (in Baldur's gate) is there a trigger event for her return? She said that she'd be back after awhile (like 10 days, maybe?) and it's been at least 2 weeks (game time). I am just about to head to Candlekeep, but I don't want to set the final game in motion (unless that is the trigger?) without having this resolved. I'm really liking the BH mod, it flows very well and breaks up the early game plot quite nicely.