Skip to content

Remove the need for a 2nd click

FelipefplFelipefpl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 124
Really! Why do we have to click again in another link when we click in a link to an external site? Steam also does this and it's ridiculous, i know/you know/everyone knows the risks of being on internet, we dont need a warning.

Comments

• Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    @Felipefpl

My guess is, and this is only a guess, neither Beamdog nor Steam wish to be held liable for anyone clicking the link to a website that could possibly contain malicious software. To be fair, there are still quite a number of inexperienced people who are new to the internet. That is why it is important for them to be well-informed, so they may make an educated decision before committing to that second click. Thank you for reading. Happy, healthy (both mentally and physically) gaming to all.
  • FelipefplFelipefpl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 124
    Very unlikely, they only can be considered liable for the links if they posted the links themselves and even so the justice system would have to prove they did it with an evil intention, they cant be sued for an evil they surely wouldnt cause from their own will.
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    Well, as far as that goes, consider me officially stumped. Maybe, Mr. @JuliusBorisov could enlighten the community as to why this extra step was added to the forums.