Skip to content

Need help with my first EET install

MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
edited July 2021 in General Modding
GOG had the whole trilogy for $11, so repurchased it to setup an EET install.

I have tried to carefully select only mods on the compatibility list, dropping any that didn't show up. However, I am a bit confused about some of the mods that seem to require installation in the BG1:EE folder prior to running the EET setup in the BG2:EE folder.

According to the list, the following mods need to be done prior:
BG1 Sirene (2.8)
BG1 Unfinished Business. (16.4)

The first one is straightforward enough, but the last one I'm a bit confused about. It seems that it should be installed AFTER the BG1 NPC project, but that mod is showing as depending on coming AFTER EET_start.

I have been playing with Project Infinity, but I wasn't sure how it works when you have mods you need to apply to the BG1:EE install prior. I have used it to roughly check my mod order - though many mods don't seem to trigger the checks. Also, PI gets really slow after I start delving into SCS and CDTweaks.

Lastly, is it accurate that I should install Sword Coast Stratagems *after* EET_end?

Thanks!

As an aside, the copy I got from GOG appears to include all of the patches up to 2.6.
Post edited by Maurvir on

Comments

• ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    @Maurvir PI is capable of handling 2-phase EET installation, please read FAQ.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    I think I have it working, though there are a few issues. The map is missing, though the location icons are correct. This may have been the world map mod that did this, though I'm not certain how to fix it now.

I also noticed that an NPC has a line of dialog for a name. Garrick, I believe.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    @Maurvir You need to install DLCMerger component 1 on SoD before you install any other mod.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    edited July 2021
    Yup, already done. I did that, then installed Sirene and UB in the BGEE±SOD game. I actually have the EET install mostly working - I took a party to Nashkel to test it. Other than a few minor issues, it seemed okay.

So, I tweaked the weidu.log and am reinstalling to a fresh copy of BG2EE now, only without the world map mod.

I will find out in a bit if that fixes the map problem.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,673
    This might be a bit late, but as far as I know EET still supports BG1NPC being insalled to BG:SoD before the EET transformation due to mod dependencies.