Skip to content

Problems on iPad with the iOS 14.7.1 update and the Baldur‘s Gate apps

AciferAcifer Member Posts: 153
When updating the iPad to the iOS version 14.7.1, apple forced me to update the Baldur‘s Gate apps as well. This means you can‘t continue playing the apps without that specific update.
The appstore mentions about the 2.5 version: This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.

However, after the update all my savegames are broken. :(

So I highly recommend players that are in the middle of their playthrough to back up their savegames and consider carefully when they update their device to the newest iOS version.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Hi! Can you elaborate on the saves being broken part?
  • AciferAcifer Member Posts: 153
    edited August 2021
    Hi! Can you elaborate on the saves being broken part?

It seems that the are-files in my saves have been somewhat "overwritten" and "reset" to the initial stage, e.g. many actors appear twice in areas and the associated quests cannot be continued, enemies that have already been killed reappear. A door that should be open is closed and locked again (the shadow thieves' compound in the docks area) so I could not continue with the main quest. Areas already visited are unexplored again (black search map). The app crashed several times.
    In the meantime, I deleted and reinstalled the app, started over again, and everything works fine now.
    Post edited by Acifer on