Skip to content

[Mod Request (if it's possible)] - Allow NPCs to become "extra" party members

@argent77 has created some excellent mods that allow you to have 7th (or more) party members, like Afaaq the Djinni and the NPC Generator. These extra party members essentially tagalong in the manner that a familiar or summons would, rather than as a regular party member. The NPC Generator also allows you the option to ask an "extra" party member to join (and leave) the regular party formation as you wish.

I was wondering if it's possible to apply the same approach to in-game NPCs - instead of having to kick one out altogether when you reach your 6-member limit, you can ask them to remain as an extra party member, and retain the option to ask them to rejoin the regular group later if you wish.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Comments

• SeeweadSeewead Member Posts: 12
    Check out the "Rjali" Mod. Maybe that is what you're looking for.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    if it's possible to apply the same approach to in-game NPCs - instead of having to kick one out altogether when you reach your 6-member limit, you can ask them to remain as an extra party member, and retain the option to ask them to rejoin the regular group later if you wish.
    @argent77 's Djinni is not recruitable as a full party member, he is always "7th".
    I tried the approach you mentioned for my Solaufein and my Brandock the Mage mod, they can be recruited fully and also asked to "stay in the back" (i.e. follow as a 7th party member).
    There is two problems with giving regular (or any) NPCs this feature (at least like I implemeted it):
    -Having the NPC as a 7th party member is sort of a hack. Items in their inventory do not get recognized. All critical items are transferred into the PC's inventory upon changing into 7th party member mode. There needs to be a solution how to revive them when they die (which I solved by making them unkillable but dropping unconsious if at 1HP). They need to be fully healed upon rejoining the goup or they could die because the engine does some automated calculations upon NPCs joining, which means the 7th party members needs automated healing which can be seen as cheating. They need a level-up system for when they rejoin.
    -It would be an insanely amount of work. NPCs would not get noticed as being in party, i.e. quests would not trigger etc. unless recoded. The dialogue system has to be reworked fully, or the NPCs will not be able to talk their normal joined dialogue lines. I still have some quirks with the banters that end abruptly, etc.