Skip to content

[REQUEST] Make spiders immune to web

tl1942tl1942 Member Posts: 178
In my 2.6.6 EET+SCS install, spiders are not immune to webs, whether they're web "traps" in Cloakwood or web spells that I cast.

Is there a simple mod that fixes this? Maybe even just a few loose CRE files?

Comments

• ThunderburpThunderburp Member Posts: 51
    edited August 2021
    In the unmodded BGEE, all creatures with Spider in their name have ANTIWEB.ITM equipped, which makes them immune to the level 2 wizard Web. (Cloakwood traps use that spell.)

I can't suggest a solution because SCS has an Improved Spiders component and I wouldn't want to mess with things it did. But for the record, ANTIWEB.ITM only grants one equipped effect: Immunity to projectile, set to target projectile ID 319 (webtrav) which is the explosion projectile of the Web spell (i.e. the one responsible for paralyzing).

Note: If you look in the Web spell to check which explosion projectile it uses and see ID 320, that's due to an offset, it's the same as Immunity to projectile's 319.
  • tl1942tl1942 Member Posts: 178
    edited August 2021
    Thanks very much! I'm going to look through the files right now to make sure that ANTIWEB.ITM is where it needs to be. :)

EDIT: In the override folder, there are three CRE files with *spider* in the name (prefixes BD, SP, and UD) and all have ANTIWEB equipped in the amulet slot... There must be other spiders added by mods... I'll keep looking.

EDIT#2: Bingo. Found a bunch of other CRE files with "spid" in the name, with race set to "spider" that *don't* have the ANTIWEB item. Likely added by a mod, but I'm not sure which...
    Post edited by tl1942 on
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    I had previously thought that spiders liked webs. But it seems they're more anti-web than I thought.
  • ThunderburpThunderburp Member Posts: 51
    edited August 2021
    I meant to say the creature name contains Spider, not the file name :)

But the following files are all present in the unmodded game: SPIDFGSU, SPIDGI, SPIDGISU, SPIDHU, SPIDLAND, SPIDPH, SPIDPHAS, SPIDPHSU, spidsm01, SPIDSW, SPIDSW01, SPIDSWSU, SPIDWR. Not sure if a mod would remove an item from them without spitting it out as a new file in the override folder though.
  • tl1942tl1942 Member Posts: 178
    edited August 2021
    EDIT: Nevermind, thanks for all the help!