Skip to content

How do you keep Edwina?

tl1942tl1942 Member Posts: 178
I've searched everywhere for a straightforward answer to this... I can find old threads with a lot of commentary and on Edwin's sex change, but I can't find a simple guide to keeping him as a female. I know that if I can keep Edwina through SoA, Edwin won't change back in ToB (because I'm playing EET).

- I know there's a timer at the end of his BG2 quest where Degardan shows up and turns him back into a man.
- I know that this only happens in Athkatla.

But I still don't know *how* to keep Edwin in woman form. Is it enough to just go to Spellhold before Degardan shows up? Or maybe kill Degardan before the dialogue is initiated? Is there a simple way to make sure Edwin stays Edwina through the end of SoA?

Comments

• YigorYigor Member Posts: 536
    What's difference‽ Just change his portrait. ?
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    edited September 2021
    The cutscene that brings you into Hell at the end of SoA sets Edwin to male. If he's still Edwina at that point and in the party, he will change back. This sets his base gender, by the way; the girdle of gender won't confuse it.

So, if you want Edwina in ToB, you have two choices.
    - Drop her from the party before the point of no return, then head back to pick her up (not from the fate spirit) after starting ToB.
    - Turn him female after that cutscene, either with a wild surge or the girdle of gender.

Or maybe that's only one choice; that cutscene applies the reversion spell to "Edwin", with no check for whether they're in the party. It might make Edwin male even if he's chilling back in Athkatla. Not tested, though.

You get the female voice lines if Edwin is female during SoA by any means. Edwin's ToB script is a one-way change, that only reverts voice lines to the male version if he's male. I don't know what EET does with that, or if it changes any of the other pieces of this puzzle.
    Post edited by jmerry on
  • tl1942tl1942 Member Posts: 178
    @Yigor the female Edwin is not just a portrait change; it has a female body and full female voice set.

@jmerry Thanks, I'll give it a try!

• McGollumMcGollum Member Posts: 22
    I would ask either the Gibberlings or @Gusinda.