Skip to content

Immunity to enchantment level x but non magical ?

DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
I tried to modify the protection from magical weapons spell to:
-Not immune to non-magical weapons
-immune to magical weapons up to +5

But it seems, opcode 120 not work in this way. If i use 0-enchtment type and set parameter to +5 weapons it contains non-magical weapons too, not just enchanted up to +5.
Are there any solution ?

Comments

• kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    edited September 2021
    Enchantment level and Magical are not linked.
    Magical and Non-magical both have an enchantment level, from 0 to 2^x - 1.
    An enchantment level of 0 is included in "up to +5".

The only way it would work is to give the non-magical weapons an enchantment level above 5.
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
    Thanks @kjeron . My next idea is to set all enchanted weapons enchantment level to lvl 6, and there will be only magical and non-magical weapons like in later editions. But it seems far more work :D
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    Modifying the weapons should be easy enough to automate in WeiDu. The tricky part is tweaking the mage scripting; there are a number of enemies that use spells like Improved Mantle, which won't exist in the new paradigm. Unless you replace the Mantle line with spells of similar strategic use (longer duration PfMW? defenses against more than just weapons?).
    edited September 2021
    Of course it needs to rework mantle spells, starting with pfmw. Absolut immunity should be protecting from all weapons or max at +5 (if i want some room for legendary weapons to hit so every weapon should be +5 but some are keep at +6 or the magical weapon effects like cause wounds, harm etc ).
    The pfmw will be immune to non-magical and some ac bonus like an improved shield (and makes immune some spells like magic missile, chromatic orb, fire arrow etc)
    Mantle and improved mantle are like high level armors, immune to non-magical and set ac to amount, has some secondary hit-back effect or aura like dmg or even more protection from some spells or elemental dmg.

Edit: ofc just enchantment level of weapons set to +5 not to hit or damage bonuses like in later dnd editions. +5 because easier than delete all enchantment defense from various creature files. So there will be magical and non-magical weapons.
    Post edited by Danacm on
    kjeron wrote: »
    Enchantment level and Magical are not linked.
    Magical and Non-magical both have an enchantment level, from 0 to 2^x - 1.
    An enchantment level of 0 is included in "up to +5".

The only way it would work is to give the non-magical weapons an enchantment level above 5.

Okay now i got it. So if i change pfmw to immunity to enchantmsnt maximum +5 and gives all non-magical weapons to +6 enchantment and now it works as i wanted. The mantle, wraithform and absolut immunity already have the effect to immune to non-magical, so the +5 mundane weapons not affect to them already. Now i need to find how to code it in weidu.