Skip to content

great things about the game you're rediscovering (spoilers abound)

13»

Comments

• LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited December 2012
    Maybe they corrected a mistake there in the price with one of the patches.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    I had forgotten the various condescending remarks the nobles in Baldur's Gate would say, like "I've no interest in speaking to the likes of you. Hrmph."

I had gotten into the habit of not speaking with anyone who wasn't quest-related after a couple of playthroughs of original BG.
  • ImperatorImperator Member Posts: 154
    "The wive's been getting prickly on me eyes" always makes me smile.
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Imperator said:

"The wive's been getting prickly on me eyes" always makes me smile.

I thought it was "on me arse"?
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    I think it is arse.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Ossory said:

I'm pretty sure the Larry, Darryl and Darryl one is a cameo of some sort without knowing who it refers to, but tis quite amusing to have a kobold write me his signature... which sells for 60 gold!

Yup, it's an allusion to an old American TV series - Newhart (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newhart). There was a trio of brothers (Larry, Darryl and Darryl) who were woodsmen living in a shack in a forest ;)
    Ah righty. That explains the thing they say if you -don't- ask for the autograph. Was something like "See Darryl, I told you these guys wrong generation."
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Plenty of things I'm rediscovering but I keep forgetting to make a note on it.

Tasloi.

I did not remember the Tasloi before I met them again in EE now. I get the feeling they may have used to have another model though? Did they get a new model in BGII or have I simply not played enough BG?