Skip to content

Shilo Chen and the Ogre Magi

Does anyone know where the Ogre Magi in the Shilo Chen quest added by Unfinished Business are? I've looked online and variously it says they are in the Bandit Camp or Pelvdale but I have visited both places after receiving the quest and I can't find them.

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    edited September 2021
    Larswood, by the bloody rock near the gibberling packs and Baeloth's spawn point.

At least, that's where it is in current versions of the mod. Older versions may have been different, with changes made so as not to get in the way of other encounters.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Thanks @jmerry I'll go look for them there. I'm hoping they are regular type ogre magi not Kahrk type ones (don't tell me though - I like surprises).
    Well, I met the Ogre Magi and they came close to making a total mess of my party:
    nql9f8xkvkv2.png
    Khalid, Dynaheir and the Nymph that Faldorn had summoned all got confused (the spell effect you can see in the above screenshot is, I think, the Nymph healing everyone - I hadn't even noticed they could cast Mass Cure but then I am quite new at the game and have only been playing for twenty years).

Fortunately, Khalid just wandered off, which was just as well because he is deadly with a bow and was loaded up with Fire Arrows, so he would have made pretty short work of Dynaheir if he had decided to target her.

In the end a berserk Minsc and my Cavalier were able to finish off the Ogre Magi (Minsc then also decided to finish off the Dread Wolf that Faldorn had also summoned).

So now I guess I need to go and find Shilo Chen and tell him that the quest is complete. Anyone know where I will find him?
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    Shilo Chen will be exactly where you met him in the first place - inside the Elfsong tavern.

And Call Woodland Being is utterly amazing. A level 4 divine spell that summons a creature which can cast multiple spells of level greater than 4? The only drawback is the time it takes for the nymph to arrive; you have to cast it before the battle. Really, why would your druids ever memorize something else at that level (until much later)?
    edited September 2021
    jmerry wrote: »
    Shilo Chen will be exactly where you met him in the first place - inside the Elfsong tavern.

And Call Woodland Being is utterly amazing. A level 4 divine spell that summons a creature which can cast multiple spells of level greater than 4? The only drawback is the time it takes for the nymph to arrive; you have to cast it before the battle. Really, why would your druids ever memorize something else at that level (until much later)?

Thanks for that @jmerry . I couldn't remember where I met Shilo Chen - I have visited a lot of bars in Baldur's Gate over the past couple of days!

Edit: I have just been looking up the Call Woodland Beings spell on the Baldur's Gate Wiki: https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Call_Woodland_Beings

You are right they have got amazingly good spells. I usually leave them to cast whatever they want but I obviously need to start paying more attention.
  • YigorYigor Member Posts: 536
    Side note: for training, there is a fight vs a big group of Ogres in Black Pits, uncluding 1 Ogre Mage. ☑️