Skip to content

Rod of Lordly Might

The flaming sword produced by the Rod looks really cool when equipped, but I've noticed it doesn't do any fire damage...

Shouldn't it either do fire damage instead of slashing damage, OR do at least 1 point of fire damage (or a chance of doing so) in addition to the slashing damage it currently does?

Also, monks appear to be able to use the item in Spear and Mace form, and they probably shouldn't be able to (Fighter/Clerics for instance can only use the Mace form, as expected).
Arvia

Comments

• AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,295
    I agree that this seems weird - worth noticing that elemental themed weapons in BG still retain the primary weapon damage type (ie slashing/piercring/crushing) and just add a bit of elemental damage on top.

So 1-2 points of fire damage is what would seem appropriate here.
    ArviaDhariusJuliusBorisov
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    @Tresset made a tweak to make the Rod of Lordly Might more useful, among other things adding +2 fire damage to the longsword, but also changing a few other things, so that the Rod can actually compete with other stuff found that late in the game. If you're interested, you can find it here .
    Grond0TressetDhariusJuliusBorisov
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    edited September 2021
    Thanks. I like this item a lot, and the Mace and Spear forms as they are, are good contenders to other weapons you find in this chapter.

With added fire damage, the Longsword +1 would also be useful as a troll killer. Its potential Holding effect (combined perhaps with a Malison effect from a friendly mage) is rather helpful too.
    JuliusBorisovArvia