Skip to content

Raise Dead & Resurrection not working

ObalObal Member Posts: 3
Hi,

I'm new to the forums. because I'd never (in 20+ years) had trouble playing any version of this game. But I'm stumped.

I'm on 2.6.6 of BG2EE and raise dead/ resurrection don't work, on any dead character. Portrait stays gray, spell/ charge/ temple money stays spent. I don't know what could be causing this.

I have the UB, picturestandard and fixpack mods (which have never given me trouble before).

What could be causing this?

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320
    edited October 2021
    If you've got the console active you could try ctrl-R while the cursor is above the portrait. That command heals the character and clears all negative effects (including death) - sometimes an effect doesn't get cleared properly and can stop normal raise dead/resurrection from working.
  • ObalObal Member Posts: 3
    TBH, If I'm going to involve cheating/ editors, I'd rather identify and fix the flag that's causing the problem, if there's a way to do that.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    We need to have a look at your save files to identify the problem.
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    edited October 2021
    I'm not sure if we even have to. The EEs do not need the G3 fixpack (it shouldn't even be installed onto them) and I'm fairly sure the 2.6 changes in Resurrection/Raise Dead conflicts with the polish fixing in that one.
  • ObalObal Member Posts: 3
    Here's my latest save. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v6etna14tqa3ltb/AADMT6-dig2eH29u02E49MsFa?dl=0