Skip to content

What do you care for more in classes?

DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
When playing an RPG, what do you care for more when it comes to classes?

Do you care for;
Thematics- classes not look or feel the same.

Or

Max min potential- power game, power game, power game.

It goes without saying, I want thematics, I will play a game multiple teams if the gameplay loop atleast feels somewhat different from my last play. I understand sometimes you have to share things like spells and abilities across classes but overall I want enough difference that if I'm playing a necromancer that half the spells I'm using aren't still the same spells I used when trying to play an elementalist or a pew pew everything gets blown up mage.

If I'm playing a battle mage, I want to feel like a battle mage, I want to feel that sword and sorcery are magically perfectly woven into my playing style.

I will literally play a gimped character who will die 90% of the time over min/max omg this is broken haxxor build just because it feels different and not like oh look... I'm a battle mage now buck I mult classes mage and warrior, stone skin, mirror image, threw a single fireball (maybe) now chop chop everybody dies. (Yes, that is shots fired).

What about you guys.
StummvonBordwehr

Comments

• StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    I will go first.

My priorities are:

1) powerplaying,
    2) powerplaying, and
    3) powerplaying.

In that particular order….

But I have some rules:

- No sleep/rest abusing (you’re supposed to be in a hurry - not reinacting “Sleeping beauty”)
    - All charnames have to be a fighter type (paladin, fighter or fighter multi - rangers and monks are not an option),
    - Always max hp on level up,
    - All tomes, manuals and such goes to charname,
    - I have to get the deck of many things and the Machine of Lum - and use them on charname,
    - All exploits are viable to use, but I dont use PI, Simulcarum from spell slots, timestop, shapechange, and wish
    - And lastly: NO ROLEPLAYING!!!

When I first started to frequent this forum, I was more or less shocked to see that others didnt play the game the same way as I do. I am quite positive that you all have misunderstood the game - afterall it’s an RPG, not a RolePlaying Game :D.

I dislike ToB because for it’s underwhelming grasp on dishing out divine powers. Ascension rectifies that a bit, but still.

I am a fan of the Old OP mods (check the Bodies, Shadows over Soubar and such). They knew balance is an option - not a necessity
  • hybridialhybridial Member Posts: 291
    When I first started to frequent this forum, I was more or less shocked to see that others didnt play the game the same way as I do. I am quite positive that you all have misunderstood the game - afterall it’s an RPG, not a RolePlaying Game :D.

And I am equally positive people like you misunderstand these games.

And Owlcat and Larian most certainly do as well based on playing their output.
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    hybridial wrote: »

And I am equally positive people like you misunderstand these games.

And Owlcat and Larian most certainly do as well based on playing their output.
    I believe that was a joke.
    StummvonBordwehr