Skip to content

Mac installer bugged?

Hey guys, I just got the GoG version of NWN: Enhanced.

I download the installer, but instead of an .app file, it creates two folders: "Neverwinter Nights" and "Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition". The latter contains the only .app file I can find - nwmain.app, but running it does nothing. I'm on a 64bit OSX, passing all system requirements.

Please help:)

Comments

• jimdad55jimdad55 Member Posts: 75
    Can't really help as my copy came from Steam but with other games I've had problems on my iMac downloading files from GOG using Galaxy. It works better for me if I use their standalone installers.
  • MartinSMartinS Member Posts: 5
    jimdad55 wrote: »
    Can't really help as my copy came from Steam but with other games I've had problems on my iMac downloading files from GOG using Galaxy. It works better for me if I use their standalone installers.

Thanks, mate! Same here, I used the normal installer and maybe it's supposed to install that way, I'm not sure. At any rate, I already refunded the game, since it didn't work and there is no actual, official support it would seem. I'll try the Steam version:)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Let us know how that goes.
    Let us know how that goes.

The installation of the Steam version is exactly the same and doesn't work either. I think I'm just going to go with a port of the good ol' Diamond version:D

Thanks for the responses guys!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    This sounds like a problem with Firewall/Antivirus or OpenAL - something in your system stops the app from running (or even installing).

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/had_an_upgrade_now_game_doesnt_start - for the game not launching.

But make sure nothing is preventing you from installing the game properly.
    This sounds like a problem with Firewall/Antivirus or OpenAL - something in your system stops the app from running (or even installing).

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/had_an_upgrade_now_game_doesnt_start - for the game not launching.

But make sure nothing is preventing you from installing the game properly.

None of that seems to be the case on my end. Look, it's fine, I already ported the game and can play the Diamond version just fine on my Mac. I don't mind not having all the fancy effects. Thanks!:)